• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How To Report an Abusive User on TeamSpeak

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Note to Mods: You may update this as you feel necessary, but please ask permission from me before you do so.

Hello Fellow Tributes!

As many of you may know, there are three main ways of contacting a staff member: In-Game, Forums, and TeamSpeak. I will be focusing on the latter aspect in this tutorial.

I receive many pokes on TeamSpeak along the lines of “Hacker, come help!”. Reports of this nature are always appreciated, but unfortunately I cannot take any action based on that particular one.

How To Report an Abusive User on TeamSpeak:

1. Find an available Moderator. There are a few ways to determine if a moderator is available. If they have the words [Mod] or [Poke If Needed] by their name, this means they are most likely available. If for some reason they are unavailable, it would be helpful to notify them to change their name.

If a moderator has the words [Unavailable], [Off-Duty], or [DND] by their name, they are most likely unavailable. In this case, you should find another moderator that is available to handle your report. If you poke a moderator that is unavailable, they will most likely tell you one of two things: that they are unavailable, but they will pass your report on to an available moderator, or that they are unavailable and they request for you to pass the report onto an available moderator yourself. If they say they will pass the report on, you are done! Assume that your report will be dealt with appropriately. If not, poke another moderator with your report and wait for a response.

2. Provide the necessary information. Once you find an available Moderator, there are certain pieces of information that are crucial for a successful report.

-Region: If you tell someone to come to SG1, keep in mind that there are FOUR different SG1’s: US, AU, EU, and CA. When reporting an abusive user to a moderator, the region is necessary as the report is too ambiguous without it. You will get a faster response if the staff member does not have to check through four different regions to find you.

-Gametype: Similar to the regions, there are six different game types on the MCGamer servers: ZedChase, Survival Games, MCTF2, Quarter Quell, Battlegrounds, and Creative. Telling someone to come to US1 is, once again, too ambiguous.

-Server Number: As there are 200 different Survival Games servers on the US and EU regions, it is critical that the staff member in question knows exactly where to find you. Time is of the essence when reporting a user for abuse.

-In-Game Name of Abuser: Since the moderators possess the /spec command, we can easily begin collecting evidence of a user abusing if we know their IGN. However, it will take much longer to locate the correct person if we are required to check every person on the server, hence why this is one of the most important parts of a successful report.

-Type of Abuse: Once we identify the user, we need to know what to look for when spectating. Whether it is chat abuse, hacking, or glitching of some sort, the process will move along much quicker if we know what to look for. As stated above, checking every possibility will require more time and there will be more room for error. If there are multiple types of abuse occurring, please make sure to list them all.

And that’s it, you have no further work to do! If you have successfully completed these steps, your report should look something like this:
"Hello, there is a forcefield hacker by the name of xxForcefieldxx in SG120 on US."

EDIT by (scott46743):
For someone breaking a TeamSpeak rule:
<TeamSpeak username of abuser> - <what rule is being broken> - <what channel>
Example: SomeUser - Swearing in a public channel - general chat 1

For an issue regarding a moderator (poke a senior moderator):
<moderator's username> - <issue> - <evidence>
Example: SomeModerator - Abusing powers by banning random people - <link of screenshot>

To receive your TeamSpeak rank:
<your IGN> - <donor type> - <region> - <what hub # to meet you at>
Example: SomeDonor - Diamond - US - 1

A moderator will then handle your report from there. Please do not ask if the user has been punished, as that is up to Moderator discretion and it is private information. I hope this guide has been helpful, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Last edited:

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
I think this needs to be stickied.
Just an idea, add a example of the kind of report you want given.
I normally use. "EU SG##, Username Hacking!", but there is probably a better way to do it.

AlecInASuit

Spectator
Reaction score
This is a great thread to put up but I have an idea, when something new pops up about this specific topic or is added then maybe you could update this thread with that new information. Just a suggestion ;).

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Absolutely! I fully plan on doing that, thank you for the suggestion.

H

HuntyB88

I already know how to do this, but this is very useful for others that are new to the community & the community's Teamspeak! :D

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks for the update scott46743! For all mods in the future though, please ask before you update :) (I'll probably say yes)

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
To receive your teamspeak rank:
<your IGN> - <donor type> - <region> - <what hub # to meet you at>
Example: SomeDonor - Diamond - US -

Hub #?!?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members