• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Solve the MCGamer Leadership Crisis

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As much as I love Dave, I disagree. Dave has not been as active with this community as he has in the past, and although I don't deny his leadership skills, as I've experienced first hand. However I'm sure he wouldn't have the motivation or would even want to have a position like this ever again, especially hearing what he says about the server in my talks with him about the server a while back. However, I could possibly be proven wrong if he says differently himself... Dave?
If chad was to ask i would yes yes and i have been hear watching everything

David

Career
Reaction score
Not saying that Dave isn't fit to lead a team, as he does with Team Elite, but he hasn't been in the staff team for over a year, so to assume bringing back someone who has had no real insight in the slightest of the staff team in a while seems a bit idiotic. I would also highly doubt Dave has the "ear of Chad" or any other body part since in Dave's own streams he has openly discussed how he is not allowed back in the staff team; doesn't make sense for someone with those connections to be the immediate "quick fix" for lack of a better term.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not saying that Dave isn't fit to lead a team, as he does with Team Elite, but he hasn't been in the staff team for over a year, so to assume bringing back someone who has had no real insight in the slightest of the staff team in a while seems a bit idiotic. I would also highly doubt Dave has the "ear of Chad" or any other body part since in Dave's own streams he has openly discussed how he is not allowed back in the staff team; doesn't make sense for someone with those connections to be the immediate "quick fix" for lack of a better term.
I am still very close friends with chad and i know a lot more about the staff team than people think.

David

Career
Reaction score
I am still very close friends with chad and i know a lot more about the staff team than people think.
I never doubted your friendship with Chad, I am sure you guys share nice long talks on the beach etc. My point was strictly from the business side of things, and for someone who has been out of the administration for quite sometime to just get thrown back in in the time of a crisis is like giving a 12 year old a car with no steering wheel.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
In my eyes, the server/community needs a specific set of changes to happen. I know a small handful of people capable of facilitating that change, however I'm not in any position to kickstart it.

I was a staff member back when I was a kid. I was far too involved in the competitive aspect of the server, and there were some unfortunate things going on. If I only I were as wise as I am now -- perhaps things would be very different right now.

It's also no coincidence that I randomly happened to be here for this thread. ;)

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I may not like Dave too much on a personal note, we've had out difference and arguments, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a great admin. I've been told that even though dave isn't an admin by rank, he still does help out in the community a bit. Dunno how true that is.

We just need someone to step up and lead people to fixings the issues with the server now. We've had bugs and glitches on this server that have lasted FAR TOO LONG. Not only have they been here too long, but instead of fixing them, we keep adding more and more. I honestly don't know how this happens. Things like this never used to happen, not sure really what changed.

Maybe it's because we don't have that big boss guy like dave was. I remember when I was staff, when something was wrong with the server, Dave was defo there to get mad and get people motivated to fix the issue ASAP. Maybe mcsg is missing that currently. I don't know.

Either way, we need someone.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I never doubted your friendship with Chad, I am sure you guys share nice long talks on the beach etc. My point was strictly from the business side of things, and for someone who has been out of the administration for quite sometime to just get thrown back in in the time of a crisis is like giving a 12 year old a car with no steering wheel.
While I agree with your points about throwing Dave back into the mix so quickly, one thing is bugging me. Wouldn't that be the case with any admin (if any) they were to hire? The situation would still remain the same. I think if MCGamer were to look at who to hire, they'd need to decide which person is best equipped to handle the server in crisis mode, such as it is right now. Honestly at this point, the whole "is he ready" thing kind of has to go out the window, because alarm bells are ringing and something needs to be done ASAP.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
You know what would be a great resolution to the issue? For Chad to sell MCGamer, preferably to someone in the community. It'd be a HUGE transaction, but would hopefully work out for both parties and the community.
I don't think anyone would want to invest into MCGamer right now unless Chad sold it for much below market value, which I doubt he's gonna do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci