• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Solve the MCGamer Leadership Crisis

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
of all the.... oh geez.

sorry jimmer, but that's a horrifying thought.

i was about to write a massive midnight post, but then i got a notification from my crush saying the three most dangerous words in the world.
Oh Mooclan..
If you had only waited one more day to post this we could of had this thread locked due to necro posting ;_;

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Jimmer your post still ended up in my email, so here's my response (I'll keep it vague since you deleted it)

I went through the first five pages before posting, and I noticed this:

Of the people that vocally supported Dave returning, the overwhelming majority had responses that were simple and seemed to go along with the "Mob Mentality". I'm sure the people who posted them are perfectly intelligent people in the real world with lives and their own accomplishments and qualities. However, on this issue, quite a number of them demonstrated a lack of understanding and comprehension of the topic.

In the first place, it was never the average player who was informed about Dave and some of the things that he has allegedly done - now, I say "allegedly" because I can't personally prove some of these things, beyond a shred of doubt. However, by definition of what I just said, I can still be 99% sure and say "allegedly".

Granted, there were people on both sides who had a lack of explanation, but the scales are tipped against the argument presented in the OP.

So, with all said and done, Philly's response wasn't entirely out of hand. Plus, Philly has personally experienced what has been called by many an "injustice" at the hands of Dave.

Now, here's my weigh-in.
Sorry for not posting it last night - I got a notification from my crush saying "I love you Mooclan" (she's a classmate, and the hottest girl in the school) and I was up for two hours talking to her and her sister. Apparently, it was her sister who stole her phone and was trying to wingman me. That's the second sister to do it.

Keep in mind, this no longer affects me. The fate of MCGamer is not my personal interest anymore. I have a job at another network as a Head Administrator, with a staff team almost as large as MCG's. I'm writing this primarily because I care about what MCGamer used to be - and I care for what so many of our forumers worked so hard to accomplish, Dave's demotion/resignation. Whether it was their efforts or something else entirely that caused Dave to leave the staff team, I cannot say.

Now, here's an opening remark: There is something that we cannot entirely overlook. Dave struggles with..err..what was it, dyslexia? ADHD? I can't recall which it was, but the essence is clear. Dave may be able to

---sorry, one sec. i'm singing a bruno mars song.--

--okay it's over--

anyways, as I was saying: Dave may be able to effectively lead TeamElite, because it's a relatively small and easier-to-manage "network". A build team doesn't really have that many PR issues - at least, not when compared to a large server network with thousands of players. Granted, MCGamer doesn't really top 2000 players at peak nowadays, but summer is coming up, and who knows what will happen?

With MCGamer, a major part of the issue that people have been taking with Chad is that he has virtually 0 public relations presence now. With Dave, a huge issue is that he has a horrifying public relations reputation. Part of that his his dyslexia, but there are other PR issues that have, historically, shown that if you're looking for a leader and a new face of MCGamer, Dave is not your go-to-guy. Clans? An insane history of corrupt bans and coverups?

After his demotion, I spoke to Dave briefly, and it really helped me let go of any grudge or resentment that I had towards him. Additionally, KellieBreanne was an absolute dear when I went to the hospital, and we all remember how closely those two worked together.
I don't have anything against Dave on a personal level anymore. I'm not writing this out of spite, or out of hate. Heck, even most of the ban accusations and allegations have slipped from my memory.

However, if you're looking for a solution to the "leadership crisis" as you put it, then Dave is not your answer.

I am of the opinion that MCGamer needs a leader. This leader should be somebody who knows the server inside and out, and knows what is best for the community and what they want. By completing these objectives, this leader can successfully bring back the network to what it once was, back in the glory days of 2013 and 2014.
"Knows what is best for the community and what they want."
So, you're looking for a community member, then. A Marc Antony to our Julius Caesar. A Marcus Brutus to the citizens of Rome.

Not a Caius Cassius.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Jimmer your post still ended up in my email, so here's my response (I'll keep it vague since you deleted it)

Of the people that vocally supported Dave returning, the overwhelming majority had responses that were simple and seemed to go along with the "Mob Mentality". I'm sure the people who posted them are perfectly intelligent people in the real world with lives and their own accomplishments and qualities. However, on this issue, quite a number of them demonstrated a lack of understanding and comprehension of the topic.

In the first place, it was never the average player who was informed about Dave and some of the things that he has allegedly done - now, I say "allegedly" because I can't personally prove some of these things, beyond a shred of doubt. However, by definition of what I just said, I can still be 99% sure and say "allegedly".

Granted, there were people on both sides who had a lack of explanation, but the scales are tipped against the argument presented in the OP.

So, with all said and done, Philly's response wasn't entirely out of hand. Plus, Philly has personally experienced what has been called by many an "injustice" at the hands of Dave.

Now, here's my weigh-in.
Sorry for not posting it last night - I got a notification from my crush saying "I love you Mooclan" (she's a classmate, and the hottest girl in the school) and I was up for two hours talking to her and her sister. Apparently, it was her sister who stole her phone and was trying to wingman me. That's the second sister to do it.

Keep in mind, this no longer affects me. The fate of MCGamer is not my personal interest anymore. I have a job at another network as a Head Administrator, with a staff team almost as large as MCG's. I'm writing this primarily because I care about what MCGamer used to be - and I care for what so many of our forumers worked so hard to accomplish, Dave's demotion/resignation. Whether it was their efforts or something else entirely that caused Dave to leave the staff team, I cannot say.

Now, here's an opening remark: There is something that we cannot entirely overlook. Dave struggles with..err..what was it, dyslexia? ADHD? I can't recall which it was, but the essence is clear. Dave may be able to

--okay it's over--

anyways, as I was saying: Dave may be able to effectively lead TeamElite, because it's a relatively small and easier-to-manage "network". A build team doesn't really have that many PR issues - at least, not when compared to a large server network with thousands of players. Granted, MCGamer doesn't really top 2000 players at peak nowadays, but summer is coming up, and who knows what will happen?

With MCGamer, a major part of the issue that people have been taking with Chad is that he has virtually 0 public relations presence now. With Dave, a huge issue is that he has a horrifying public relations reputation. Part of that his his dyslexia, but there are other PR issues that have, historically, shown that if you're looking for a leader and a new face of MCGamer, Dave is not your go-to-guy. Clans? An insane history of corrupt bans and coverups?

After his demotion, I spoke to Dave briefly, and it really helped me let go of any grudge or resentment that I had towards him. Additionally, KellieBreanne was an absolute dear when I went to the hospital, and we all remember how closely those two worked together.
I don't have anything against Dave on a personal level anymore. I'm not writing this out of spite, or out of hate. Heck, even most of the ban accusations and allegations have slipped from my memory.

However, if you're looking for a solution to the "leadership crisis" as you put it, then Dave is not your answer.

So, you're looking for a community member, then. A Marc Antony to our Julius Caesar. A Marcus Brutus to the citizens of Rome.

Not a Caius Cassius.
Love to see the old Mooclan back with a massive essay.

Edit: Hope you get the girl man, seems legit.

Also, I would write a long thing too, but as I read what you wrote, I realized I don't really know a lot about the situation with Dave in the first place, so it isn't really my place to comment. Based on the fact I have a huge amount of respect for you and trust almost everything you say, I'm just gonna say our opinions are the same and leave it at that.

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
Dude you're in. Guaranteed 3sim =D

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Now, here's my weigh-in.

--okay it's over--

Not a Caius Cassius.
Thanks for explaining your POV. Good to see you back at it again with the huge posts explaining your position aha.

Hakodate

Gold
Reaction score
Good morning, MCGamer

In the wake of the events of yesterday, I wanted to take a moment to reflect upon all that has happened, and offer a suggestion. Many good staff members have resigned, and we’ve lost a lot of good people. As several staff members have indicated to me personally, this may only be the beginning. Several other resignations and assorted changes may be afoot in the coming days. Now, I know that the community is somewhat shaken over this – understandable considering the magnitude of what has taken place in such a short period of time.

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking over what has happened. In my opinion, the one thing that this server needs in this difficult time is leadership. Chad has gone AWOL, most of the administrative team has left, and our lead developer is in the process of leaving as well. With all of these recent losses, coupled with the absence of the owner, I am of the opinion that MCGamer needs a leader. This leader should be somebody who knows the server inside and out, and knows what is best for the community and what they want. By completing these objectives, this leader can successfully bring back the network to what it once was, back in the glory days of 2013 and 2014.

Naturally, many of you may have your suggestions and picks for who it should be to lead the community back to its former glory. However, for my part there is only one person who should be tasked with leading the revival of MCGamer – I hope that many of you, whether you’re a staff member or a community member, will agree with me.

For me, that person is Dave. He was an admin for a long, long time before the server started to run downhill, and always stood for what was right in the community. I worked closely with him for a year and a half as a Sr. Staff member, and we’ve continued our working partnership as leaders of Team Elite. Obviously, during his time as an administrator there was some controversy surrounding him, with allegations ranging all across the board. However, this is only natural - it is to be expected due to the position that he held for so long. Haters will always hate.

In addition to this, Dave has the ear of Chad. He’s always been one of Chad’s closest friends. By utilizing this considerable influence on the owner, he will be able to fight for what the community really wants – which is the AU region back. I have it on good authority that Dave will personally inform Chad of the community’s wishes for the region to return as soon as possible, and will make sure that the act of returning the AU location to the network will be carried out.

Now, the question for you is this. Do you want real change in this community? Do you want to see it go back to what it formerly was? Or would you rather let it die out slowly, region by region, till there is nothing left of the old MCGamer? Dave is the man to lead MCGamer out of the ashes, and back into the light again. If you agree with me, voice your opinion down below. Let the staff team know that the community needs Dave to come back in order for us to become what we once were.

Much love, as always guys
Jimmer​
Of course we want changes.. Atleast we need to fix a situation with AU/Asia. I made lots of suggestions to host in Singapore (or somewhere else in center of Asia & PAC), but my opinion wasnt even heard by anyone. If you really want to change the server and increase online - you SHOULD do something with Asia & Pacific region location. ~Hakodate, Japanese gold donor.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining your POV. Good to see you back at it again with the huge posts explaining your position aha.
Well, there's a lot that I didn't include in my post. Like, I didn't really make a list of qualities that Dave does have, versus what qualities a potential leader candidate should have. I'm sure he has quite a decent number of them, and several that would be beneficial, but perhaps they don't overlap quite closely enough.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Well, there's a lot that I didn't include in my post. Like, I didn't really make a list of qualities that Dave does have, versus what qualities a potential leader candidate should have. I'm sure he has quite a decent number of them, and several that would be beneficial, but perhaps they don't overlap quite closely enough.
Do you have any names that you think would make a good replacement?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci