• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Stop Being Jealous

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
How to Stop Being Jealous
Hey everyone! Hect0rg here back with another one of these weird threads I was in the mood to make for the past few days. So yesterday's Friendzone and Complicated Relationships thread was interesting and people seemed to like it, so I decided to make another one of these threads.

Hopefully this one is shorter and less boring and more to the point. So here's my big tips on how to stop being jealous!

So what is jealousy? It's the feeling of envying someone else, or feeling ,to say the least, threatened by someone else. This can go anyway, for friendships, love relationships, grades, money, anything!

Why do people usually get jealous? A lot of people can say that it is not having enough self esteem and always wanting to be like other people. That is, what the internet says. I can confirm, that I have a great self esteem and can still be jealous about some things, and I want to clarify this before I write anymore, it is NORMAL to be jealous about things and does not automatically mean that you have a low self esteem.

So what to do when you're jealous?

Step 1: Figuring out who you are jealous of, and what you are jealous of.

People think this step is the easiest, but sometimes it is hard to admit to yourself what and who you are jealous of. You can be jealous, for example, of a guy who's stealing a girl from you, but sometimes it's more than that. For example, you're actually jealous of the girl , that she is getting someone, and it's not you, and you are left alone again.

This is very important because it will be essential to know what to do when you get there.

Step 2: Find out if you are actually jealous!
Sleep on it, and if it comes back every day or so. Well then you're jealous, and this is when you continue reading!

Step 3: Understanding that you can't get everything in life, and everything is for the better.

We all know everyone wants something, but what not everyone can admit to their selves, is that you can't have everything, even if you worked really hard on it. In the future, you will meet someone else, and you will end up with her if she's the one!

Step 4: Talk to someone about it!

Been there, done that. I'm serious having a real face to face rant with someone, is the best thing and the biggest relief that help you. Grab a friend, your mom, your dad, sister, uncle, virtual friend, doctor, whatever! Rant rant rant! Tell them how much you wanted her/him, that object/that opportunity, and tell them how unfair it is that you didn't get it! This is an amazing feeling, and do this on a Friday night where you know the weekend is coming up, and you having nothing to do on the weekends.

Step 5: Get your mind off of things!
Go out with your friends, family! Go play Minecraft, or spend your whole Friday night, by yourself, you, pizza, and Netflix!

Step 6: Listen to some music.

This step seems kind of specific, and not sure if this will work for everyone, but listen to some of the most cliche break up songs that will make you feel better. Personally, I love listening to some Justin Bieber cliche songs. I love listening to ''Sorry'' when I'm jealous, makes me feel warm inside. Some Ed Sheeran and some Shawn Mendes always help!

Step 7: Move on!

This isn't the easiest thing to do, but in life, you can't get everything and you have to move on. In the end, you won't be curled up in a ball until your 70 thinking about this one slut that rejected you back when you were a freshman! You're better off without them!

----------

Anyways guys, this thread was much longer than expected, but if anyone read this ALL, props to you. If ever you want to talk to me about stuff, or just chill, shoot me a DM on the forums, I always answer all of them!

Thanks again, ciao bambinos!

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
"In the end, you won't be curled up in a ball until your 70 thinking about this one slut that rejected you back when you were a freshman! You're better off without them!"
LOL!!!!! Loving these threads, very entertaining.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Really these steps could be modified to fit a lot of different problems in life. Great thread!

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
"In the end, you won't be curled up in a ball until your 70 thinking about this one slut that rejected you back when you were a freshman! You're better off without them!"
LOL!!!!! Loving these threads, very entertaining.
Really these steps could be modified to fit a lot of different problems in life. Great thread!
Tx for the support guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci