• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to strafe well.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People tend to be bad at sword PVP only because of an imbalance (or lack of skill) in two fields: strafing and aiming. The best fighters tend to strafe decently and aim decently, so it seems that they are not the best at either.

Strafing
When you are aiming at your opponent, you will need to stop them from aiming at you. I have found that moving left and right of your starting place without jumping works for me. You may need to find your best with some different strafes:

1) Slife left, then right
2) Circle
3) Turn around them, not completing a circle and then alternating sides
4) Hit them in the back

Aiming
Some can't aim while they are strafing, making dodging useless. You're better off landing every hit and not moving at all than running around them without being able to hit them.

This is why aimbot/forcefield/killaura hackers win all of the time; their aim is perfect, so other players' strafes are useless. The only way to win in sword combat is to trade equal hits with them in spaces where you cannot be knocked back, and even then, it is uncommon to win. If you must fight a hacker with your sword, block hit all the way.

The easiest way to aim and strafe is with strafe #1.

TL;DR?
-find your perfect strafe
-balance aiming and strafing
-block hit hackers in small spaces

xSkillPvP

Spectator
Reaction score
Good Guide. But i only circle the guy , beacuse strafe left and right for me is bad.

DinoRox

Tribute
Reaction score
Okay Thanks dude! won a game appreciate it!

-Mt22004 or MacsterMC

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
You should include some good sprint keys that you can use to help with your strafing skills, such as like if you use 'R' as a sprint key, it can make it so it can be practically impossible to hit the 'D' key when you are sprinting and you can not strafe to the right.

If you use 'Shift', it can kind-of make it so you can't strafe easily if you are a person with quite small hands.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You should include some good sprint keys that you can use to help with your strafing skills, such as like if you use 'R' as a sprint key, it can make it so it can be practically impossible to hit the 'D' key when you are sprinting and you can not strafe to the right.

If you use 'Shift', it can kind-of make it so you can't strafe easily if you are a person with quite small hands.
I have no problem moving counterclockwise with R...? XD

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
I have no problem moving counterclockwise with R...? XD
From a lot of good strafers that I've either talked to, if you use 'R' as your sprint key, it can be pretty challenging hitting the 'D' key, unless you just don't touch the 'S' key

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci