• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to turn off these pop ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
You are on windows, right? If yes, are those "Windows" actual windows which look like legit windows-windows?
Just noticed, they're not legit.. It's just Photoshopped.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just noticed, they're not legit.. It's just Photoshopped.
Are they popups? Do they go over the website contents? Mind sending me a screenshot in a PM so I know what they look like? I know a lot of stuff about things like this.

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
Are they popups? Do they go over the website contents? Mind sending me a screenshot in a PM so I know what they look like? I know a lot of stuff about things like this.
I haven't had one in liked 2-3 days.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
People need to stop assuming that adult content has been viewed or downloaded through the computer, this can also be the result of installation of programs where the majority of viruses and unintentional plug-ins come from, not all ads reflect search cookies and browsing, especially not the one described as a pop-up and not a Google ad on the side of a webpage. Browser problems also tend to not relate differently between Windows, Macs or other OS'.

How frequently do the pop-ups occur? Can you replicate the problem by doing an action like opening a tab or link?

Try Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer and see if the problem replicates in these other browsers.

Try Google Chrome with this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/block-site/eiimnmioipafcokbfikbljfdeojpcgbh/related?hl=en or any other types. It will most likely block it on Chrome, if it does not then it is most likely a virus on the computer as a whole and you can look to scan it.

Ennobay

Diamond
Reaction score
How did this thread turn from trying to fix @ToeKnee 's problem to a flame war over Macs and PCs?
They both compel in their own areas;
They're more of a buisness / arts computer. Things like GarageBand are amazing tools if used right. They're not necessarily meant for playing video games.
Like what @The Arena Master said Macs are great for a business and multimedia computer. Whereas PCs (In my opinion) excel at gaming and customization (From a software and hardware point of view).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci