• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to win with weak armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattStranger

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello.
I have a problem, when i can't bring good armor at Cornucopia, go for chest (and obviously normal chest = low class items), and make an Iron Sword. The only way for bring better armor is refill on middle, but here is full of people with Iron armor and Iron sword... I ask for a good strategy to win with a Leather/Gold armor, because it's very hard win against teams of 3 people with better stuff then you.
Sorry for bad english, I'm italian... xD

Robdown2

Experienced
Reaction score
well if your fighting teams of 2 or more best thing is to split them up and make sure you have a bow with some arrows. this is my 2 player team strategy: Run til you notice one of them leaving. I then turn around lay a couple shots on the one that is chasing me still then go in and finish him with my sword. This is my 3 player team strategy: same as above but lead them through twists and turns if you cant manage to shake 2 of them out of the 3 pack go until you lose 1. Then i prefer to get to high ground and lay arrow shots on them then type "THIS IS SPARTA" and charge them and kill them.

After doing either 1 of these strategies sort through the good stuff of the one(s) that died then go for the last one.

This usually doesn't have to apply with me as i usually have near full iron and either a stone sword (usually have diamond sword or iron at this point).

Hope this helped a bit.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
you need to kill people to get better armour. The iron armour the people have is probably of the corn chests. They killed people to get the items they took at the begining of the game at the corn because often you can only take 1 chests at spawn. When you have a sword you should start running around busy spots and kill people there to get the iron armour.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
You know that there are similar chests to the Cornucopia places around the maps. they are called Tier 2 Chests, they contain the same items the Cornucopia chests can have.

To win with Leather/Gold, do the above.

Doomd12

Survivor
Reaction score
If i got bows i will shot some of them before striking preferably i kill 1 guy and injured 2 other then i strike the one with the best weapon FIRST so the other guy that would likely tried to backstab me won't seriously injured me and after i kill the guy i would probably have low health and i run like hell. If i have golden apple i will eat them but if not i will just stay and defend myself and after that i kill the other guy. (Make sure you kill the other guy BEFORE refill)

MachJacob

Survivor
Reaction score
What I would do is wait for the deathmatch and then keep away from the other tributes until the platform is really small. Then I sprint attack them so that they fall off. This can be effective provided you actually survive that long, which I normally don't... :(

MattStranger

Spectator
Reaction score
Hystericallify, i know, but I'm very unlucky, found chain elmet or Iron boots xD
Doomd12, yeah, go to refill it's ALWAYS a risk, but if you conquer corn, you win.

Robdown2

Experienced
Reaction score
You know that there are similar chests to the Cornucopia places around the maps. they are called Tier 2 Chests, they contain the same items the Cornucopia chests can have.

To win with Leather/Gold, do the above.
hence why i normally have full iron and preferably iron or diamond sword

Edit: NEAR FULL IRON not full

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Hystericallify, i know, but I'm very unlucky, found chain elmet or Iron boots xD
Doomd12, yeah, go to refill it's ALWAYS a risk, but if you conquer corn, you win.
For your information, the Tier 2 Chests are fixed, they are not random. What I mean is that the Tier 2s will always be in one chest, and it'll never move.

Robdown2

Experienced
Reaction score
by the above post to explain it simpler the Tier 2 chests are always the same chests the items are still randomized but they never have lower class items. they have higher ones such as cake cooked food golden apples iron armour diamonds etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci