• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Humble message to G33ke and Zeno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Writing a 4 paragraph essay is unnecessary, as you can just put your points into a simple post consisting of a few lines. Of course, unless you want to elaborate or exaggerate the matter a bit. That still does not mean you should be writing for the National Typing Competition (forgive the sarcasm/metaphor).

Firstly, as an example, you wanted to say something about the advantages and disadvantages of having x. Instead of typing out an inspirational essay keep it short and simple. You might want to elaborate some points and different point of views or the exasperating consequences of the following and this and that.

Secondly, if you decide to ignore my humble advice, at least be nice and have a 'TL;DR' at the end. This way, we don't have to cry over the inspiration your essay gave us. An essay produces emotions. An essay with a 'TL;DR' produces considerable understanding.

Thirdly, you might be tiring your fingers in these typing, this can burn calories but unnecessarily waste energy that can be used on more 'progressive' actions. However, since this points lies more on its advantages, you can ignore this.

Fourthly, as aforementioned (the second point), try to not use long words that aren't commonly used within the common tongue of 'common' people. (I'm such a hypocrite :/)

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I strongly disagree, and here is why: (By the way, if you couldn't tell, I'm making this post specifically to have a bit of fun... :3)

Writing a sentence or two makes the idea very easily misunderstood, or sometimes it will even have not much meaning. It would be a mere assertion. For example, if I just said "I really like this idea, I think Chad should add this in right away." without elaborating on why, nobody would quite know whether my opinion is worth taking into consideration. After all, I really provide no real new ideas or have any known reason for supporting them. My statement may be true, but it contains very little reason to be considered much but "spam". Something that really has no reason to be there, as it provides no real new ideas or reasoning behind it...it's simply an assertion, clogging up the forums. (Although...writing a million words also does...but at least those words have meaning and structure behind them, giving them the foundation for people to actually care.)
Like I said as well, it's very easy to misunderstand or not see the whole picture as well. If I simply said "I agree with this because of [insert vague reason here]", and kept it vague, I am very susceptible to being misunderstood or not getting the whole idea across. Honestly, I prefer people to completely understand or not understand at all what I am trying to say rather than have them misunderstand it completely and get the wrong idea, causing unnecessary controversies. I mean, if I keep all my posts very short and find myself trying to prove a point on a feature suggestions thread to get something added/removed, I'd rather not take up 2 pages worth of posts causing a controversy just to get my idea across when it could all be in one, neat post. (If you couldn't tell, I love attempting to persuade people to have the same opinion as me. I generally do a lot of debating...anticipating an argument and countering it before it comes up just makes everything simple, so my posts get huge.)

And you said it yourself right there - I do want to elaborate on certain points. I want to say exactly why something will be the way it will be instead of simply saying what will happen - an example of this is in a post explaining why NCP shouldn't be removed, I must say exactly what would happen if it was removed instead of just saying "hackers will be everywhere". If I just say that, it will be like stating the obvious to them, you must tell them why it'd be so bad and give supporting evidence/arguments to make the statement worth stating...otherwise, to them, you are just telling them what they are prepared to give their unnecessary and totally incorrect argument for.

Produces emotions? Well...I try to keep mine sounding calm and mature sounding, but sometimes I just find the moment where those italics...they are so tempting to use...>.> Regardless, I do not believe they produce many "emotions" unless it starts to turn into a altercation, going on with two sides sticking to their opinion. I generally try to leave it if it gets heated to prevent it from getting much worse. I try not to stir emotions much if at all possible...

Meh, your post wasn't that big...you're right, you are on the way. Welcome to the dark side. :D

But...It's only pleasurable to make a gargantuan dissertation when conventional multitudes of humanity have no understanding of what you are trying to communicate to them. :D (For the record, I have no idea if I even used half of those words correctly or put them in an understandable order... >.>)

Edit: You edited your post a bit as I made mine, so mine might seem a bit off. :p

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This seems like it will be a massive grammer,spelling and paragraph battle xD

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
This seems like it will be a massive grammer,spelling and paragraph battle xD
Nah. I already failed and started a sentence with "but" in my post. I already lost the grammar bracket. D:

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So you write a 4 paragraph essay to say that writing a 4 paragraph is unnecessary and too long. Of course this rule only counts for the commenters and not the thread starter himself. Then again I am tired of long boring paragraphs so I can probably last this thread :p

NightmareKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
So you write a 4 paragraph essay to say that writing a 4 paragraph is unnecessary and too long. Of course this rule only counts for the commenters and not the thread starter himself. Then again I am tired of long boring paragraphs so I can probably last this thread :p
Actually, it is a five paragraph essay, and with no conclusion either. Kitty is very disheartened.

Reaction score
Writing a 4 paragraph essay is unnecessary, as you can just put your points into a simple post consisting of a few lines. Of course, unless you want to elaborate or exaggerate the matter a bit. That still does not mean you should be writing for the National Typing Competition (forgive the sarcasm/metaphor).

Firstly, as an example, you wanted to say something about the advantages and disadvantages of having x. Instead of typing out an inspirational essay keep it short and simple. You might want to elaborate some points and different point of views or the exasperating consequences of the following and this and that.

Secondly, if you decide to ignore my humble advice, at least be nice and have a 'TL;DR' at the end. This way, we don't have to cry over the inspiration your essay gave us. An essay produces emotions. An essay with a 'TL;DR' produces considerable understanding.

Thirdly, you might be tiring your fingers in these typing, this can burn calories but unnecessarily waste energy that can be used on more 'progressive' actions. However, since this points lies more on its advantages, you can ignore this.

Fourthly, as aforementioned (the second point), try to not use long words that aren't commonly used within the common tongue of 'common' people. (I'm such a hypocrite :/)
You just made 4 paragraphs.... Better make that you G33ke and Zeno then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci