• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I hate to make this post but. Is the community dying...

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Allot of old people are leaving (Accept smash he still has no life) but new players are joining

Dannymou1

Spectator
Reaction score
Hackers truly ruin the game but I've learned to just deal with it and we can't do anything to stop them.

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
you joined the community around June-July 2014
its changed but no one can say for good or bad right now
i say wait it out man, once you are here for long enough you will see it changes a lot.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
you joined the community around June-July 2014
its changed but no one can say for good or bad right now
i say wait it out man, once you are here for long enough you will see it changes a lot.
Uhm... are you referring to the creatorof the thread?
He's been around for about 13 months, and was a Moderator like 3 times, even becoming a Trial Senior Moderator.

...wat >_>

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
Uhm... are you referring to the creatorof the thread?
He's been around for about 13 months, and was a Moderator like 3 times, even becoming a Trial Senior Moderator.

...wat >_>
yeah 1 year or whatever man thats like 1/2 the time
he wasnt here for v1

J

Joel/MadDawg

yeah 1 year or whatever man thats like 1/2 the time
he wasnt here for v1
Hate to burst your bubble, but Sean said in his last post that he has been playing since v1. Just because he joined the forums in v2 doesn't mean that he wasn't a v1 player (and he was).

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Explain to me how making this thread will do anything beneficial for the community....

Eh. It's all about perception. Some people think it's dying because of what they see around them, while other people see a more positive outlook of this network. I laugh at the people who think we're not attracting as many new players as we were...may I bring up the fact that around 1 out of 3 Minecraft accounts have logged onto this server?

So saying "this community is dying" isn't going to change anything, unless you actually would like to see it die.

HarborSeal

Platinum
Reaction score
Also, just throwing this out there, but I'm pretty dang sure that HarborSeal was inaccurate as well. Don't get me wrong, I like Seal and I respect him quite a bit, but I do agree that his post was a bit ignorant, for lack of a better word.
Nothing to say here, moving on...

DQs, alts, (D)DoSing, and more.
Unfair DQs have only happened in the battles outside of the US Clan Leaderboards (USCL) and Clan Championship Series (CCS). There has never been an unfair Disqualification within the USCL or CCS - which is where most of the battles happen. Since the leaderboards have come out, there is hardly any unfair DQs happening to the clans in the leaderboards. DDoSing is a problem, but, like I said it is getting a lot better and the USCL have been keeping it out of battles very well recently. This is because it is extremely obvious when someone gets DDoSed during a battle.

While there are large, respectable clans like Rebels, Trivium, and others like that, you have to keep in mind that there's also a dark side to all of this. Not all clans are as respectful or forgiving as the clans you may know, and it's often those "clans" that are the causes of the drama, while other clans are victims of the drama.
Actually, if you take a look at the US Clan Leaderboards thread you can say 35 clans right there who are well respected within the clan community, not just Trivium and Rebels.

I'd like to bring up an example of Ascendancy, led by Captain | Lqzer. His clan TeamSpeak was (D)DoSed, he was nearly SWAT-ted, and members of his clan were DDoSed as well for coming onto the TeamSpeak. Why did it happen? I can't say that I know, but I do know that it was a riotous little group of jerks who did it, even if I don't have a recorded, solid confession. Ascendancy itself is a pretty good clan with respectful members for the most part, but the people that they had to rub elbows with were not so much, and it created a spark which ignited a flame.
Actually, the sad thing that happened to Ascendancy wasn't done by a group of "jerks" or a clan. It was done by one person who wasn't even in a clan and has been cracked down on by the USCL. I can confirm that the specific player who did that will not ever be participating in any clan activities controlled by the USCL. Captain | Lqzer

Yea, clans cause drama but it's in no way getting worse, it's getting a lot better :)
We just gotta keep moving in the right direction. Mooclan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci