• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I hate to make this post but. Is the community dying...

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, so it was pretty late at night when I made this thread and looking back I did not fully think over what I was saying, looking at peoples comments and views on this subject has opend my eyes on this subject and I have come to the conclusion, the community is probably not dying but more going through a major change. Older players leaving and new players comming in. I guess I am not really one for change and it makes me worried. So because of this I am going to look back and what I said and give my latest opinion on this. Sorry if the grammar and format of this is not on point, I'm on my phone, on my way to work.

"Its been a great 2+ years. So many people have come and go.
"Back in the day" People used to be so nice to each other. Remember the times when people used to spectate 60 minute games. Hackers were a rare sight. Clans were a place to make new friends. When we played for fun.

"Nowadays" Its a epidemic, the servers are toxic. We might have new players join everyday but how many of them are turned away by the fact they cannot play a nice game. You join your first game and you get killed by a hacker/ team of 4 try harding to boost wins. This does not look good."

Okay to start with this. The community was obviously more close nit and because of this more friendly. While there is more trouble with clans these days, there is still plenty of honest clans and it's just the smaller few bad apples that make it look bad as a whole.

Yes while some players are turned away, but as Chad said 55% to 60% stay to play again. There is a hacker problem everyone knows that but when I was first making this post I did not take into context the amount of work the staff do with around 600 bans done by them self a day and the great anti cheat plugins which ban 1000 people a day. I guess ever community does have a lot of hackers and the reason we have more than some servers is simply we are one of the most competitive communities. As for the general chat in game, this has gotten slightly worse but once again this has come with the whole mcsg getting more competitive and people are starting to take it a lot more serious.

"Now lets look at some of the reasons I think MCSG is dying.
This Mini Game has been around for 2 years. People are getting bored and sadly there is not much you can do to improve this.
There is a huge lack of community. Everyone is toxic to each other.
There is an epidemic of hackers.
Overall there is just no community anymore."

I'll be the first one to say this was rather rude and not well thought out. Yes mcsg as a game mode is getting a bit old but with. 1.8 as Chad said this will spice it up a bit and make it more interesting. Also I had complete disregard to MCGamers other game modes in this post. While some are not that popular such as zed chase and sgc others such as battles ground which is thriving and MCTF2 which is also popular. Not to mention the merge of the AVN which has some great game modes especially deadly decent. With the hackers I already commented on that.

"Even if we look to the forums now. There is not much quality posts anymore, just complaints. Complaints after complaints."

This is true but this is due to the fact the majority of threads have been posted and for some of the older posters it just looks like a repeat of topics, but for new players these topics can be interesting. Yes there is a lot of complaints but some of these complaints contain constructive criticism and will actually help.

"Staff members get mod now for the rank and popularity status, not to help the community."

While there is probably a higher percentage of staff members getting it for the popularity, I should of been a person to know being a staff member that these mods are soon removed.

"The player base will probably keep increasing, but what I mean by mcsg dying is that the community is dying and what's a server without a community."

As said previous for some of the older players it may look like it's dying but in fact it's just a change as said previous.

"Unfortunately I think it has gotten so bad now there is no way to turn back."

Yes the community has changed and it's not going to go back to the way it was. But les hope this change is good in the long run.

"I guess the community was good while it lasted."

Yes I may have enjoyed the older community more, but as ever species on this planet has done, I will have up adapt to my surroundings.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I was referring to the community the entire post. It would be a lie to say that people never changed since 2012, but what I clarified in my post was that people come and go all the time. Lately however we been seeing a bigger amount of old players (players we haven't seen since 2012) returning out of the blue.

Completely agree! We need more people with your mindset.

Completely agree with your idea and sadly most people don't get that concept. Sure, this community may have players moving on, yet overall we are still here and tripled in size since back in 2012. If that is "dying" then they have a odd definition of "dying".

BTW, I wasn't here trying to flame, just making sure you see what I see in my perspective.
Alright then maybe I just misread it. But the thing is I think you should bring up some ideas such as saying "reckt" "eZ" etc. being a bannable offense as they're disrespecting players, then if you find out anyone who plays MCSG is actually ddossing or making threats to do it whether it's through skype, forums, teamspeak, etc. then actions should be taken.

Those 2 things are maybe the biggest problems of this community. Disrespect, as well as further actions being taken after disrespect (which leads to ddossing).

Sevy

Survivor
Reaction score
Honestly, the only one to blame here is mojang. Wanna know why? The answer is simple. They see a lot of popularity in modded servers, minigames(thank skydoesminecraft later) etc... So in 1.8 instead of minimalising the compatibility of sertain "modded"(mods are pretty much the same as hacks) clients to servers they INCREASE the compatibility. So to say on 1.8 cheat clients will be easier to play with on servers. The hacking problem could be fixed long ago, but where would mojang get their money off, huh?

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly, the only one to blame here is mojang. Wanna know why? The answer is simple. They see a lot of popularity in modded servers, minigames(thank skydoesminecraft later) etc... So in 1.8 instead of minimalising the compatibility of sertain "modded"(mods are pretty much the same as hacks) clients to servers they INCREASE the compatibility. So to say on 1.8 cheat clients will be easier to play with on servers. The hacking problem could be fixed long ago, but where would mojang get their money off, huh?
...what? I'm sorry but I really don't understand this

BiscuitCrisp

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't think the community is dying at all because MCSG is still strong now and just because there are hackers doesn't make the community die and there isn't any problems with MCSG. People do love MCGamer as well as the people who have introduced MCGamer and the staff and all that. Not for a second would I think it is dying. SG is the nubmer one game for MCSG as the server is based off SG and all the staff members have done a good job and still are approving the server as it goes on and on in the future this server could change without having hackers on at all but everyone knows there will always be hackers on and you can't really stop that but It might change you never know.

Simey

Career
Reaction score
“Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
“Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
That was an interesting quote, but mindsets can only take you so far. Reality has to do some work too. Just because I think of rainbows and kittens while being shot in the face, does it mean I wont die? Nope; I'll still be dead.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright then maybe I just misread it. But the thing is I think you should bring up some ideas such as saying "reckt" "eZ" etc. being a bannable offense as they're disrespecting players, then if you find out anyone who plays MCSG is actually ddossing or making threats to do it whether it's through skype, forums, teamspeak, etc. then actions should be taken.

Those 2 things are maybe the biggest problems of this community. Disrespect, as well as further actions being taken after disrespect (which leads to ddossing).
We are working on starting to make our harassment policies a bit more strict. They are already considered harassment depending on the context so you can report them.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
We are working on starting to make our harassment policies a bit more strict. They are already considered harassment depending on the context so you can report them.
This is INCREDIBLY important. If you could make these things bannable, MCGamer would become a much nicer place almost overnight.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well howcome I've seen people such as Dave saying "Im just going to put this out there because people dont seam to get it "rekt, gg, gg10" are in no way against the rules and never will be." (can be found here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/members/dave.61007/?page=3#profile-post-292228) Even if people report it and feel harassed by it, it seems that nothing would happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci