• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I have never won a 1.8 game.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, thenamesant has made a youtube video that shows how to MCSG 1.8
I don't want to be a pyro. It seems like every 1.8 fight is either a plain, easy kill or an insane clutch.

PandoX18

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, it's hard winning a game in 1.8 reason why is because the Block-Hit it's messed up and therefore you can't block-hit/strafe as much.. But, I'm still trying to win a 1.8 game xD.

Dj_Quik

Platinum
Reaction score
block hitting is the exact same. it just has a different animation, seriously if you use 1.8 as a excuse you must suck at the game. even if its pvp sucks, everyone else has to deal with it also, so just play smarter, or get better with secondaries.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The removal of block-hitting I can adjust to. However, I don't know what kind of strafe I should use.
Even though I've won a game or two now, I win by being more stacked.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree, I play pretty offensive. If I played defensive all the time I just wouldn't have fun. I've won quite a few games on 1.8 I personally really enjoy the diverse PvP; it's fun for me. Just get used to it, it's really cool to PvP in my opinion.
Its not fun until you start winning c;

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You have to be kidding me... this conversation has dragged on for two pages and yet nobody has even mentioned the best strafe for 1.8.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Trust me, I didn't do it often...

The hardest thing is that my 1.7 strafe was great, but if I use it in 1.8, I get combo'd.
Ye my strafe used to win me allot of games now when I fight friends with op ping or just good crit hitters I get wrecked :/

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I give up.
It's completely random whether or not you win.
I can't kill a person that has half an armor bar more than me. It's impossible.
Strafing is dead. You can kill people by running up to them and jitter clicking.
The NCP on MCSG sucks now. Even Badlion is more fun to fight on.

Dj_Quik

Platinum
Reaction score
It sounds like you were relying on advantages when MCSG was 1.7/1.8 because it wasnt fair for everyone back then, but now its a fair fighting system because everyone on mcsg is on 1.8 and has to deal with the same bugs as you. You have to be a good player to win a game, try being more defensive, or try improving your aim.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It sounds like you were relying on advantages when MCSG was 1.7/1.8 because it wasnt fair for everyone back then, but now its a fair fighting system because everyone on mcsg is on 1.8 and has to deal with the same bugs as you. You have to be a good player to win a game, try being more defensive, or try improving your aim.
Will try these things, but I feel like 1.7 was a fair PvP system. Lag was the only issue, but that will always happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci