• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I haven't been on here in a while, how is the server now, from back in 1.2.5 days?

Reaction score
I think I played here at MCSG (or Minecraft in general) until around 1.5, maybe 1.6. But I remember the 1.2.5 MCSG days were AWESOME. Is it like it was then, or has the game changed a lot? Are there other servers that are as balanced as MCSG, or do those still not exist?

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
mcsg is horrible now, i reccomand you not start playing ever again

jk but its definately not how it used to be 2-3 years ago

Recents

Experienced
Reaction score
70% of the mcsg players toggle or autoclick/macro, so you're coming at the wrong time, but other than that the community has died but not completely.

They're making their anti cheat better, made private servers (easy to host cbs), etc

Also you can't say g.cheat (badlions anticheat)

They allow uhc essentials and gamma as well

and last thing, you get banned for like boosting

Narwhalll

Quantum
Reaction score
I remember you! I think you used to have a YouTube channel?

Anyways, MCSG or MCGamer as its now known is pretty much a different server then what it used to be. PvP has changed drastically and many more people are good at it then what the general community used to be. However, I believe the skill ceiling is definitely lower than what it used to be.

Clans are what is keeping the community a thing (for au at least) and have probably become a lot bigger then what they used to be.

A lot of people use undetectable ghost clients and toggle or macro to cheat and get away with it. Mods are doing a much better job then what they used to at recognising them though.

A lot of new maps, features, ranks etc. Thats a brief idea on whats happened to this server since you left but ive left a lot out as well. :p

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
eermagheerd previous clan wars owner.

The community was somewhat at a standstill a month ago but has been somewhat rejuvinated with the release of MCSG maker (private SG servers configurable to your liking) and our updated anti-cheat : ^)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Well...
  • In January of 2014, MCGamer added a couple gamemodes (Catching Fire and TF2 I believe).
  • Then, it was announced that MCGamer will be buying the AntVenom Network and acquiring all their gamemodes and some of their staff.
  • Soon after, MCGamer v2 (or Xime v2) was announced. With that, many new gamemodes (from AntVenom) were added, there were attempts to make an anti-cheat, friends/parties, new hub, etc.
  • The update was overall disliked by the community, and therefore many members left.
  • MCGamer updated to 1.8 completely. At the time, 1.8 had issues. This led more people to leave MCGamer.
  • At the same time and for some time afterwards, there was an attempt to update the anti-cheat; however, after multiple attempts the mission failed and ended up causing more and more members to leave.
  • Throughout the time, the hacker problem was being solved through Cleansweeps (particularly on the EU network). This brought some, but not most, members back and helped create a mediocre solution to the problem.
  • MCGamer finally released a long waited Leaderboard Update. This featured a new, reset, leaderboard and a legacy leaderboard which had all of the previous stats. Some people supported the update and some people did not.
  • MCGamer released a forums update. Although it definitely looked neat, some people did not enjoy it's bright and tight aspects.
  • MCGamer removed the Canada network.
  • Col_StaR resigned.
  • A new winter update was released. This featured the ability to create your own private MCSG match and a new anti-cheat. Thus far, this update is very supported and has drawn back a decent amount of members.
I may be off slightly on some of the timing of the events, but overall those were the main things.

Reaction score
Well...
  • In January of 2014, MCGamer added a couple gamemodes (Catching Fire and TF2 I believe).
  • Then, it was announced that MCGamer will be buying the AntVenom Network and acquiring all their gamemodes and some of their staff.
  • Soon after, MCGamer v2 (or Xime v2) was announced. With that, many new gamemodes (from AntVenom) were added, there were attempts to make an anti-cheat, friends/parties, new hub, etc.
  • The update was overall disliked by the community, and therefore many members left.
  • MCGamer updated to 1.8 completely. At the time, 1.8 had issues. This led more people to leave MCGamer.
  • At the same time and for some time afterwards, there was an attempt to update the anti-cheat; however, after multiple attempts the mission failed and ended up causing more and more members to leave.
  • Throughout the time, the hacker problem was being solved through Cleansweeps (particularly on the EU network). This brought some, but not most, members back and helped create a mediocre solution to the problem.
  • MCGamer finally released a long waited Leaderboard Update. This featured a new, reset, leaderboard and a legacy leaderboard which had all of the previous stats. Some people supported the update and some people did not.
  • MCGamer released a forums update. Although it definitely looked neat, some people did not enjoy it's bright and tight aspects.
  • MCGamer removed the Canada network.
  • Col_StaR resigned.
  • A new winter update was released. This featured the ability to create your own private MCSG match and a new anti-cheat. Thus far, this update is very supported and has drawn back a decent amount of members.
I may be off slightly on some of the timing of the events, but overall those were the main things.
Thanks for the reply. Very interesting stuff indeed. Sad to see Col_StaR go. He was a cool dude.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Very interesting stuff indeed. Sad to see Col_StaR go. He was a cool dude.
He was. It's needless to say it was a huge loss the community and we all truly miss his presence in the staff team.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci