• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I want to purchase some headphones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello forums!

It's been a while, hasn't it? Anyway, I'm back again with one of these threads, because a hollow mind comme la mienne can't work nor decide for himself, so I'm relying on you people to help me.
I want to purchase some headphones...

My old $40 Sony ones have surely seen better days, the material along the chassis is wearing away, my ears are becoming increasingly disappointed wearing them.

Here's a template from Reddit, where I specify what I want:
Budget - less than $200 CAD, maybe a few bucks more if it's really worth it

Source - OnePlus One Android Smartphone, Asus S56C Ultrabook

Isolation - I'd like some isolation, since I'll be listening with them on public transportation, in the car, etc.

Preferred Type of Headphone - Over-Ear (which I guess would be full-sized).

Preferred Tonal Balance - I'd preferably like something balanced, maybe with a bit of extra bass.

Past Headphones - I've owned a pair similar to, or exactly the Sony MDRXB250. They have a bit too much base for my preference and they're extremely uncomfortable after an hour or two. I also own a pair of HyperX Cloud Gaming headphones and they sound a lot better than the aforementioned Sony ones.

Preferred Music -

What would you like to improve on from your setup - More comfort, more clarity and detail, a little less base, a carrying case (optional but would be useful), something that will last me a while.

Location - Canada

I've done a meager amount of research on my own, and I basically compiled a list of four pairs that seem to coincide with my demands:
1) Audio Technica ATH-M50x

2) V-MODA Crossfade LP2

3) Sennheiser HD 380 Pro

4) Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (I have a lower offer)

All four of them have pretty good ratings overall, although the reviews for the V-MODA and Beyerdynamic pair were polarizing at times. I've heard many good things about the Audio Technica ATH-M50x's, and I was wondering if they're unanimously the best pair in this price bracket or if there's a pair that could suit my demands better.

Please only respond if you know what you're talking about, or if you've had any experience with them. Also, FEEL FREE to recommend a pair not on this list. I haven't delved too deeply into the world of headphones.

Thank you guys.

Essay

Survivor
Reaction score
I like the audio technica the best out of them all personally, would recommend

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the audio technica the best out of them all personally, would recommend
Yeah I think I'm settling on those. They have the least polarizing reviews, and are ultra portable which is perfect for me.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Heyy, I don't know if I'm late or not, but I love Apple Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member