• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Idea for active members!!!!!!!!!!

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry, but can I just say something? I don't want to sound like a rude prick.

I believe iMight said that the active members were the ones obtaining this rank, and be honest. Getting Active Member isn't easy. For one, all these annoying kids spamming threads don't get likes, unless they're from friends or ALTS, and lets face it. That is a heavy factor against iMight, but I personally think it would be a nice idea and can be adjusted.

For example, let's say..

1) Has to have 1000 posts and 500 likes, this is hard to gather on itself, so this should be a requirement.

2) A mods approval to get a custom tag, which only mods can edit, so for example.

*Darkrai202 goes up to Chad*

Hi Chad, I'm an Active Member and popular on the forums, could I please have a tag under my name saying 'MCSG'S #1 Narwhal'

Chad: Sure! Here you go.

*Durk102 goes up to chad*

hai dod can i hav mod tag undr my naem i got frends 2 giv me lieks and i got it in 1 day mod tag pls

Chad: No, sorry this only applies to members who obtained a popular title fairly.

3) This tag can't be edited by the player, so they'd have to ask a mod/Sr Staff/Admin (Whatever rank should be able to grant the title) this means whatever the mods see fit to be a name can only be granted, nothing that the mods deem out of control.

4) No in-game changes. This means no special name in-game, no benefits over others. Just on the forums.

With these changes, would the goods outweigh the bads? Anyway, don't want to start a war on who's wrong and who's right so sorry if this post seemed like I'm trying to best you or something.
The issue with this is that the staff then would get spammed by people every day wanting to have their tags changed every five minutes. Yes, its nice that the people get something, but the practicality of the idea wouldn't be very beneficial towards the staff and how much harassment we may get over the idea and such. Guaranteed that someone will ask for a tag that someone else doesn't like and we'll get harassed to change it and the moment we change it back or whatnot, the person who's tag we changed will then rage at us. You have to think of this out of the staffs perspective and it will cause some issues on the forums.

4) No in-game changes. This means no special name in-game, no benefits over others. Just on the forums.
Nowhere in his original post was it mentioned that the rank should be given in game. The ranks in game now are the only ranks that are going to be there. Making custom ranks for every single person is a waste of time that the devs can be using to fix any issues in our plugins.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The issue with this is that the staff then would get spammed by people every day wanting to have their tags changed every five minutes. Yes, its nice that the people get something, but the practicality of the idea wouldn't be very beneficial towards the staff and how much harassment we may get over the idea and such. Guaranteed that someone will ask for a tag that someone else doesn't like and we'll get harassed to change it and the moment we change it back or whatnot, the person who's tag we changed will then rage at us. You have to think of this out of the staffs perspective and it will cause some issues on the forums.

Nowhere in his original post was it mentioned that the rank should be given in game. The ranks in game now are the only ranks that are going to be there. Making custom ranks for every single person is a waste of time that the devs can be using to fix any issues in our plugins.
Okay, I get where you're coming from, and I agree with you. But in my opinion, the active members on the forums are very mature. Regardless, your point still stands, as lets face it. We have a huge community, if they see an opportunity they think they might get mods and staff probably will get spammed with new players asking for a tag. I can't disagree with your 'people will ask to spam to change tags every 5 minutes' as I think that's true.

Also, I know I'm stupid, but I swear somewhere someone said IGN benefits. xD

Anyway, carry on Gibbo I won't bother you anymore. :p

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The issue with this is that the staff then would get spammed by people every day wanting to have their tags changed every five minutes. Yes, its nice that the people get something, but the practicality of the idea wouldn't be very beneficial towards the staff and how much harassment we may get over the idea and such. Guaranteed that someone will ask for a tag that someone else doesn't like and we'll get harassed to change it and the moment we change it back or whatnot, the person who's tag we changed will then rage at us. You have to think of this out of the staffs perspective and it will cause some issues on the
In theory that makes sense, but a guarantee you with less than 30 active members it won't 'spam' staff especially as this can be automated and fixed through report abuse. Unlike the servers, forums are incredibly easy to moderate if we have the right plug-ins, and we have all that is necessary. :)

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay, I get where you're coming from, and I agree with you. But in my opinion, the active members on the forums are very mature. Regardless, your point still stands, as lets face it. We have a huge community, if they see an opportunity they think they might get mods and staff probably will get spammed with new players asking for a tag. I can't disagree with your 'people will ask to spam to change tags every 5 minutes' as I think that's true.

Also, I know I'm stupid, but I swear somewhere someone said IGN benefits. xD

Anyway, carry on Gibbo I won't bother you anymore. :p
Wait, someone agreed with me on something? o_O Hax xP

Anyhoo, some members may be mature but then again some aren't and a lot of people will find a way to get around things and will spam threads like crazy and demand likes and stuff. It just seems like a bad idea from the start for me. Sorry, guys.

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In theory that makes sense, but a guarantee you with less than 30 active members it won't 'spam' staff especially as this can be automated and fixed through report abuse. Unlike the servers, forums are incredibly easy to moderate if we have the right plug-ins, and we have all that is necessary. :)
By 'spam' I meant the same people asking us to change their tag every five minutes. You CAN do that, we have custom titles now for mods that give subv3rsion Cookies! (jk jk jk). It's not that we can't do it, its more of the implications and the complications that it would cause by allowing people to have this ability.

Mostly the thing that would happen is we'd be spammed by normal players on the website, demanding to have a tag even though they aren't an Active Member. I'm sorry, guys, but its all too complicated and has more cons than pros.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
By 'spam' I meant the same people asking us to change their tag every five minutes. You CAN do that, we have custom titles now for mods that give subv3rsion Cookies! (jk jk jk). It's not that we can't do it, its more of the implications and the complications that it would cause by allowing people to have this ability.

Mostly the thing that would happen is we'd be spammed by normal players on the website, demanding to have a tag even though they aren't an Active Member. I'm sorry, guys, but its all too complicated and has more cons than pros.
Well it's the similar.. if you think people will spam the forums trying to be an active member, couldn't people do the same for mods? I think there would be a way around it.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Wait, someone agreed with me on something? o_O Hax xP

Anyhoo, some members may be mature but then again some aren't and a lot of people will find a way to get around things and will spam threads like crazy and demand likes and stuff. It just seems like a bad idea from the start for me. Sorry, guys.
Then you delete their forum account silly ;P

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Then you delete their forum account silly ;P
We can't do that, really, its kinda rude and such but it won't be that easy, trust me.

Oh. So that's the secret? Nice to know. :p
Oh crap... I REVEALED THE SECRET!

Well it's the similar.. if you think people will spam the forums trying to be an active member, couldn't people do the same for mods? I think there would be a way around it.
What do you mean 'couldn't people do the same for mods?'? I don't understand you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci