• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If MCSG has achievements?

Big Mike 4

Survivor
Reaction score
UnFreakinBelievable! Kill everyone in the Game. (Award: 2000 bounty points)

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Rather than saying what I think should be achievements, (there are some really good ones suggested already in my opinion.) I'm going to give my opinion on things that shouldn't.

-Any achievement involving punching people to death - this would encourage people to punch people at the start of the game and it would be hugely annoying. No, just no...

-Any achievement that's nearly impossible to achieve, or extremely luck based - Getting full diamond armor, while it would be an awesome achievement, especially if tracked, would just be sitting there for quite a while. In MCSG's entire history, (aside from beta.) not a single person has managed to get full diamond that had legitimate proof...it would cause unnecessary issues for it to be tracked since it's almost entirely luck, people would fight to be first, and when someone gets it by chance or through a method most people can't do (getting a super mega large team.) then the rage will break out.

Achievements that take forever to get, through "farming" - in other words, getting 500 victories is not a good achievement. 100? Sure. 200? Erm, maybe. 300? It'd take far too long for somebody to get that, and in my honest opinion, it will only make users more far apart and reliant on wins. Adding achievements will already make some users achievement hungry enough to make the community slightly "worse", but adding achievements that have to do with how much you can play in a day can cause more issues than the leaderboards arguments already do. As I said as well - when people focus on wins, they will focus less on, well, other things...like legitimately getting better. If they wanted to play casually, they wouldn't care about wins, but if they do care about wins, they shouldn't, since part of getting them is getting better, which many are blind to...it's a common mistake these days already. :p

As more of a side note: Achievements giving bounty seems pointless to me. Even if one gave 500, you'd never be able to earn it again, and the 500 bounty points will be lost in a day anyway...honestly, I don't see the point. Only people who can frequently win - the pros - can actually keep their points up anyway. We would need another incentive to get the achievements than that - extra ranking on the leaderboards? Maybe if someone clicks your name on the leaderboards, it will bring up the achievements earned...someone else in this thread suggested medals on the forums as well. There are a number of things you can do, but honestly, giving bounty is pointless IMO.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Whoever completes the entire achievement list should either:
  • Unlock the very last achievement, [ fin. - complete every achievement ]
or
  • Unlock a special name color of Chad's choice

IVIattando97

Survivor
Reaction score
Rather than saying what I think should be achievements, (there are some really good ones suggested already in my opinion.) I'm going to give my opinion on things that shouldn't.

-Any achievement involving punching people to death - this would encourage people to punch people at the start of the game and it would be hugely annoying. No, just no...

-Any achievement that's nearly impossible to achieve, or extremely luck based - Getting full diamond armor, while it would be an awesome achievement, especially if tracked, would just be sitting there for quite a while. In MCSG's entire history, (aside from beta.) not a single person has managed to get full diamond that had legitimate proof...it would cause unnecessary issues for it to be tracked since it's almost entirely luck, people would fight to be first, and when someone gets it by chance or through a method most people can't do (getting a super mega large team.) then the rage will break out.

Achievements that take forever to get, through "farming" - in other words, getting 500 victories is not a good achievement. 100? Sure. 200? Erm, maybe. 300? It'd take far too long for somebody to get that, and in my honest opinion, it will only make users more far apart and reliant on wins. Adding achievements will already make some users achievement hungry enough to make the community slightly "worse", but adding achievements that have to do with how much you can play in a day can cause more issues than the leaderboards arguments already do. As I said as well - when people focus on wins, they will focus less on, well, other things...like legitimately getting better. If they wanted to play casually, they wouldn't care about wins, but if they do care about wins, they shouldn't, since part of getting them is getting better, which many are blind to...it's a common mistake these days already. :p

As more of a side note: Achievements giving bounty seems pointless to me. Even if one gave 500, you'd never be able to earn it again, and the 500 bounty points will be lost in a day anyway...honestly, I don't see the point. Only people who can frequently win - the pros - can actually keep their points up anyway. We would need another incentive to get the achievements than that - extra ranking on the leaderboards? Maybe if someone clicks your name on the leaderboards, it will bring up the achievements earned...someone else in this thread suggested medals on the forums as well. There are a number of things you can do, but honestly, giving bounty is pointless IMO.
Some really good points made here that I honestly would have never thought of so thanks for the input. Anyway here my thoughts on the whole thing.
Positives:
Achievements give players other objectives in the game than just aimlessly killing everyone. It allows those people who have topped the leaderboards to have something else to do on these servers as a bit of fun, and for some achievements, a bit of a challenge. Personally I think the full diamond armor achievement I posted may be a bit overboard for difficulty and yes it may cause some uproar when someone gets it, however it is not that hard to get it. All you need is to get a map like SG2 where there are plenty of tier 2s then try delay the game until 2nd refill. I did this once in a team of 2 and between us we both had almost a full set a diamond tools each. I think the total diamonds we had was about 16 and we only checked about half the tier 2s in the map, plus we had a bad run at 2nd refill for diamonds. So yes it may be luck based but its not as hard as most people think. Also having map specific achievements will cause for players to want to play a wider range of maps to unlock these achievements which therefore semi counters the overplayed map problem. These are just some quick ideas of the top of my head.

Negatives: One word describes everything here. BOOSTERS. They are everywhere and in every game. Even in MCSG as it is people are boosting wins to get higher leaderboard scores. Adding achievements will cause more and more boosters to join try get every achievement asap. This is why in my list I didn't put any ridiculously high win achievements like most people have posted as this will only cause more boosters. Also as you mentioned some harder achievements will cause some uproar in the community when people first get these achievements, however this will only be a temporary effect as after a month or so the big ruckus will calm down and will not be fussed with it.

Overall I think that achievements should be added and as for bounty as the reward, yes people may lose it quickly however the community wants other ways to earn bounty so easy achievements like making your first pieces of bread and getting an apple from a block of leaves gives the players who cant win the opportunity they want to earn points, even if they end up losing them after 3 games they still feel good in themselves for achieving something. Also the suggestion of having leaderboard add-ons for achievements is another good way of showing off which will also give the new and old players something to brag about which people want and love

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh My God soo many chests ... - find 60+ chests in one game (i've done 94) (50)
I have a question, if u alredy completed the achievments when they come like 'donor 1 time' or 'get 100 wins' you get the achievement and the points for it?
Omg you has 1234 points. Like a boss.

xgirble

Survivor
Reaction score
you should add killstreaks like (sorry for the halo reference :p)
Killing Spree: Kill 5 people in a row without dieing
Killing Frenzy Kill 10 people in a row without dieing

or achievements like
Extreme Pwnage: Kill a hacker in game. (25)
Newbie: Kill 10 players in SG (10)
Novice: Kill 25 players in SG (25)
Rising Star: Kill 50 players in SG (50)
Pro: Kill 100 players in SG (100)
Super Pro: Kill 500 players in SG (100)
Invincible: Kill 1000 players in SG (100)
Super Ninja: Kill a player while falling a great distance. (250)
Cake Troll: Trap a player in a building with a cake. (10)
Professional Survivalist: have at least 24 Cooked food at once
Tekkit Server Achievements
Collector 1: Reach 100,000 dollars
Collector 2: Reach 250,000 dollars
Collector 3: Reach 500,000 dollars
Collector 4: Reach 750,000 dollars
Millionaire: Reach 1 million dollars
Find a better name for Collector 1-4 please XD

Martinioh123

Diamond
Reaction score
Revenge - Kill a guy who killed you last round +250 points
Multikill - get a 2 kills in a certain amount of time (30 seconds) +100 points
Catch me if you can! - Survive 20 seconds with a half heart left + 120 points
Chests, chests everywhere - loot 20 chests in one game +50 points
Katniss Everdeen - win 3 games in a row +500 points
Predator - Kill 3 people in a row with a wooden sword + 50 points
Where did you go DM? - Win a game without getting to deathmatch + 300 points
Derp - Fall down and kill yourself - 20 points
Watcha gonna do now? - Get full iron armour and a diamond sword + 50 points

xgirble

Survivor
Reaction score
Here are some (may be repeats, I didn't read the whole thread yet)

All Around The World : Achieve a victory on every map at the moment
Commando : Achieve a victory with no armor on from start to finish
*Killing Spree : Kill 5 tributes each within 4 seconds of each other
*Running Riot : Kill 15 tributes in a single game
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner : Win 5 games in a row
Critical Strike! : Score 50 critical strike killing blows
Snapshot! : Upload a screenshot to the Screenshot Thread
The Director : Upload a video to the media section
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! : Equip full Gold armor
Robinhawk Everdeen : Score 10 Bow'n'Arrow killing blows
Good Footing : Finish an extremely hard parkour course in some future lobby and get something at the end
No Quiver Too Big : Obtain a stack of 64 arrows
Slaughterhouse : Kill 10 livestock in a single game
Nice Halo reference :p

Human Zombie: Play on the MCSG serevers for 24 consecutive hours. (10)
Ultimate Winner: kill chad while falling to your death (1000)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci