• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If this is official SG servers... Lets do a SG tournament!

Doomd12

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey! Maybe have different tournaments running throughout a long stretch of time, based on points? For example, 0-200 point bracket, 201-600 bracket, 601-1000 bracket, 1001-3000 bracket, 3001-6000 bracket, and then a 6001+ bracket. Sound like a good idea? Maybe so? Maybe you could have an automated tournament, then this idea just might work.
How about just use win, points have really no use, and doesn't reflect skill.

Sleivert

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey! Maybe have different tournaments running throughout a long stretch of time, based on points? For example, 0-200 point bracket, 201-600 bracket, 601-1000 bracket, 1001-3000 bracket, 3001-6000 bracket, and then a 6001+ bracket. Sound like a good idea? Maybe so? Maybe you could have an automated tournament, then this idea just might work.
Could work, but should go with wins instead, not alot of people with 6000+ points. But the biggest reason i think it's gonna take some time for this to happen is having everyone show up, hard enough with 12 people, imagine with 2000 :/

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
How about just use win, points have really no use, and doesn't reflect skill.
I actually think it would be the other way around.

Coming to the theory I posted before:
Leaderboards:
1. Johnny - 233 Wins - 2483 Times played.
2. Bob - 212 Wins - 348 Times played.

Who do you consider the better player?
If it was going to be reflected off wins, it should negate the total loses (total games minus wins).

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
the top ten aren't always the best, theyre just the ones that play the most. I beat someone in the top 10 to death, with a bone once (felt pretty proud). I would suggest having a sign up to be in the tournament, and you would only get to play in one tournament match. The winner of that match goes on to the next round with the other winners, until we have the ultimate champion
i think u don't remember the score system if you are good u can keep ur score but if u'r not good enough u loose it, so don't call us on /top noobs! :I

Ben Critchley

Survivor
Reaction score
i think u don't remember the score system if you are good u can keep ur score but if u'r not good enough u loose it, so don't call us on /top noobs! :I
Rank is based off of victories not points. And you can't really lose wins (Except if 1.3 decides it dont like you). You can get overtaken on wins for not playing. But that goes back to playing more.

I don't neccesarily agree that the best are the people that play the most. I think you can get up the ranks if you do play non stop quite easily. But then theres a skill in being able to win the most of your games too.

Sleivert

Survivor
Reaction score
Rank is based off of victories not points. And you can't really lose wins (Except if 1.3 decides it dont like you). You can get overtaken on wins for not playing. But that goes back to playing more.

I don't neccesarily agree that the best are the people that play the most. I think you can get up the ranks if you do play non stop quite easily. But then theres a skill in being able to win the most of your games too.
/top is for points, but again, some of the best people aren't the best, a guy with 47 wins in 63 played is much better than a guy with let us say 415 victories and 1292 wins(totally random number, no need to check the leaderboards, or maybe you should?), but then again the guys in the top 12 is all pretty good and the ones who are most dedicated or in some cases have the most time, but i think it's nice that good veteran players get to play :)

Doomd12

Survivor
Reaction score
I usually bounty all my points every month or so, because having a lot of points is a pain in the ass because people keep targeting you and in the lobby you keep getting asked by some random guy to team up.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I usually bounty all my points every month or so, because having a lot of points is a pain in the ass because people keep targeting you and in the lobby you keep getting asked by some random guy to team up.
, or u can bounty ur score... but still being capable to have a score in about 5000 is hardcore and requires skills. :I

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Whats the points of a world cup, if the not the best players should play? Isnt it the best ones that is in the world cup!

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
maybe take top 5 in userrank sand 5 in totalscore? that would be fair??

Sleivert

Survivor
Reaction score
maybe take top 5 in userrank sand 5 in totalscore? that would be fair??
In theory, yes, but in reality, no. People would just bounty away points on friends to get them in and then they would have a alley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci