• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If you die, you get kicked by a donor, no matter when you joined.

Kirbyflys

Tribute
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have been getting this issue. What it basically is that when you die, and you know you weren't the last one in the room, you get kicked. What I think happens is that every time somebody dies, it resets the spectator kick for them. So let's say if you were the last tribute to die, and nobody joined the game since you died, you will be first in line to be kicked out for the next spectator.

I tested this by joining as a spectator, then letting a few other spectators leave and join, then doing /suicide. When a donor join, I got kicked, even though around 5 other people joined the game after me.

Summary: The spectator kick resets every time you die, not in what order you joined the server in.

OwngeKing

Tribute
Reaction score
This would make sense as this happened to me when I came in 2nd. As soon as I died, I was kicked, even though several people joined and left during the game.

nossr50

Survivor
Reaction score
If you are the only available spectator you will be kicked

OwngeKing

Tribute
Reaction score
Can you please elaborate a bit more, are you saying that the rest of the players were donators? What do you mean by available spectator?

nossr50

Survivor
Reaction score
Can you please elaborate a bit more, are you saying that the rest of the players were donators? What do you mean by available spectator?
The system works like this...

When a player connects as a donator it looks and sees if there are any spectators, it then checks if any of those spectators are donors/admins, it then returns a list of spectators that are neither donors or admins. The last player in the position of that list (which is the newest player among them) will then be kicked for the donor, if the list comes back empty the donor is rejected from joining.

Alecoz2

Tribute
Reaction score
The system works like this...

When a player connects as a donator it looks and sees if there are any spectators, it then checks if any of those spectators are donors/admins, it then returns a list of spectators that are neither donors or admins. The last player in the position of that list (which is the newest player among them) will then be kicked for the donor, if the list comes back empty the donor is rejected from joining.
I was kicked literally right after the deathmatch ended. I was the second to last player, and as soon as i respawned in the starting area I got kicked. so because i was the last one to die before the game reset, I became the last spectator and got kicked?

nossr50

Survivor
Reaction score
I was kicked literally right after the deathmatch ended. I was the second to last player, and as soon as i respawned in the starting area I got kicked. so because i was the last one to die before the game reset, I became the last spectator and got kicked?
It's about when you joined the server compared to other players, we'll probably be tweaking it soon.

SketchSword

Tribute
Reaction score
So, from what I understand... If you are the newest Spectator (regardless of method to achieve this) you can be kicked by a donor? This just happened to me, just wanted to make sure.

mstiles92

Spectator
Reaction score
The way it works right now, it kicks the newest spectator regardless of how they became spectator. They could have joined after the game started or they could have just been killed in the match. I think this should be changed so tributes who are killed are not added to the end of that list. It should be based off of the total time on the server (time spent as a tribute and a spectator combined). That way if you had just died and there are only, say 3 tributes left, you have priority to watch the end of the match over someone who joined as a spectator right before you died.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci