• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Illusharnia 100% Completed

What do you guys think?

• Total voters

Thepsps56

Platinum
Reaction score
Looks pretty good! But the mountains are obviously world painted.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
It was requested that I explain my incentive behind voting no. So...

First and foremost the terraforming is world painter (or extremely over smoothed voxel sniper). Either way, it is too smoothed and 'sudden' (the mountains just shoot out of the ground, there is no gradual, natural increase. World Painter is frowned upon in the whole Minecraft building community; I don't fault you for not knowing this, but the terraforming isn't great.

Second, the trees. The triangular/pointy ones look good, but all the others aren't. Also, it is hard to make a 'mix' of the default and custom trees work. Usually best to stick with one or the other.

The builds look decent, but they aren't amazing. Also they seem quite random. One corner you got floating islands in the sky and the other you got an odd looking netherrack structure. I feel as if you guys didn't stick to a theme well. Everything feels messy and random.

Mostly, my reason for voting no is I am very strict. It is nothing against you guys or the map; but I feel that voting yes should mean more than being nice or thinking the map is 'just ok'. As a builder I try to strive for excellence and I do the same as a critic. Unless I am 'WOWed' it is hard for me to like just any map. You guys have potential, because a lot of what I can see in the screenshots is good; however, I feel that this map is a start. Everyone starts somewhere and you aren't going to impress everyone.

If you guys are serious about building and this map wasn't just an attempt to possibly get VIP, I suggest starting a new map. Sit down, find a theme, and plan it out before you even start building. Try to think of something original and get the necessary pieces to execute it well.

This is all I am going to say. Sorry Azorces that you had to track me down and ask for my explanation. I should have left it to begin with. :p

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
It was requested that I explain my incentive behind voting no. So...

First and foremost the terraforming is world painter (or extremely over smoothed voxel sniper). Either way, it is too smoothed and 'sudden' (the mountains just shoot out of the ground, there is no gradual, natural increase. World Painter is frowned upon in the whole Minecraft building community; I don't fault you for not knowing this, but the terraforming isn't great.

Second, the trees. The triangular/pointy ones look good, but all the others aren't. Also, it is hard to make a 'mix' of the default and custom trees work. Usually best to stick with one or the other.

The builds look decent, but they aren't amazing. Also they seem quite random. One corner you got floating islands in the sky and the other you got an odd looking netherrack structure. I feel as if you guys didn't stick to a theme well. Everything feels messy and random.

Mostly, my reason for voting no is I am very strict. It is nothing against you guys or the map; but I feel that voting yes should mean more than being nice or thinking the map is 'just ok'. As a builder I try to strive for excellence and I do the same as a critic. Unless I am 'WOWed' it is hard for me to like just any map. You guys have potential, because a lot of what I can see in the screenshots is good; however, I feel that this map is a start. Everyone starts somewhere and you aren't going to impress everyone.

If you guys are serious about building and this map wasn't just an attempt to possibly get VIP, I suggest starting a new map. Sit down, find a theme, and plan it out before you even start building. Try to think of something original and get the necessary pieces to execute it well.

This is all I am going to say. Sorry Azorces that you had to track me down and ask for my explanation. I should have left it to begin with. :p
K Andrew I'll go ahead and fix those a little.
We were not here just for VIP I build plenty enough I see your point all I'll make some drastic changes to fix the map in your opinion.
Also we did stick with the theme the nether acts as an infection over the land.

Last edited:

Jasmine

Platinum
Reaction score
To be honest I am a sucker for pretty maps, and I cannotttttt wait to play this omfgomfgomfgomfg. I love the overall look and The flat land for PVP and the chokepoints. I really wanna be part of the test game. My ign is meowmeowjazzy, and my skype is meowmeowjvzzy, hmu C:

Miidniights

Diamond
Reaction score
Ign: Miidniights
Mcsg win count: about 15000 wins, all alts combined.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci