• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I'm always killed by players with hacks or mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiace

Spectator
Reaction score
The rules state that there is no hacking allowed. This rule is broken a lot and I know this because when I hide from people some of them don't see me. Others walk right towards me and kill me. Also I use sneak mode when I hide which prevents user's names from being shown through walls but, some mods make other players able to see me and other players no matter where we are or where we hide. I feel as if there's nothing preventing hacks or mods in the servers.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Unfortunately hacks like you've stated such as tracers/nametags/xray etc cannot be blocked easily. We do have a plugin which stops people from using chest-steal hacks and NoCheat+, which stops obvious hacks such as flying, speed hacks etc.

If you think somebody is cheating, try recording the hacker. It might also be possible that they are using a Team Speak/Mumble/Skype spectator who are telling them where you are.

Poppi11

Survivor
Reaction score
you could just report them if you have proof. report them in the report abuse part of the forum
-Poppi

Soart

Spectator
Reaction score
Well you are breaking the rules yourself. Just pointing it out there, the rules say following; 2. No Hacked or Modded clients are allowed EVER:

As you stated you use a sneak mode you have a modded client. You are by that breaking the rules, just pointing that out there.

"Point 3" in that rule it is okay to use some mods to make your fps perform better, though not mods that modify your characters performance, Which a sneak mode dose. So, ye..

And it don’t exist any good way to stop people from having hacks that let them see your nametag faraway that I know off.

And as someone pointed out, they could be told by a spectator where you are hiding. And pretty sure that is not against the rules.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well you are breaking the rules yourself. Just pointing it out there, the rules say following; 2. No Hacked or Modded clients are allowed EVER:

As you stated you use a sneak mode you have a modded client. You are by that breaking the rules, just pointing that out there.

"Point 3" in that rule it is okay to use some mods to make your fps perform better, though not mods that modify your characters performance, Which a sneak mode dose. So, ye..

And it don’t exist any good way to stop people from having hacks that let them see your nametag faraway that I know off.

And as someone pointed out, they could be told by a spectator where you are hiding. And pretty sure that is not against the rules.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Sneaking
I'm pretty sure you do NOT need a modded client to sneak...

MrMark2202

Survivor
Reaction score
I

If you note, he said sneak mode, which you enter by holding down shift, if the other players were not sneaking, and he was, he could see their tags without them being able to see him. This is the point he was trying to get across, people use hacks that mean they can see players who are sneaking, which is strictly forbidden!

Plus you say there is nothing, you have us! We are working very hard to try and catch out hackers and cheaters, which can sometimes be a very frustrating and hard task. If you ever do encounter such a thing, be sure to record it and report it to a member of staff.

Soart

Spectator
Reaction score
I

If you note, he said sneak mode, which you enter by holding down shift, if the other players were not sneaking, and he was, he could see their tags without them being able to see him. This is the point he was trying to get across, people use hacks that mean they can see players who are sneaking, which is strictly forbidden!

Plus you say there is nothing, you have us! We are working very hard to try and catch out hackers and cheaters, which can sometimes be a very frustrating and hard task. If you ever do encounter such a thing, be sure to record it and report it to a member of staff.
Seems like I misread it, though he said he used on of the mods that let you auto sneak. Which people tend to use a lot, my bad :p

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It also stink because there are x-ray texture packs people use to see through walls

Zodiace

Spectator
Reaction score
Well thanks for all the support! I'm just going to record my games and see if I can get something suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci