• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I'm starting to get real sick of this.

Are you sick of playing maps over and over again?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I carefully re-read the and I admit, he didn't say remove the maps (Which these threads are generally about) but he didn't say remove the skip system either, so we're both in the wrong here.

But can I ask everyone a question, if a map such as Teweran was always voted for (I love Teweran btw, not in any was discriminating on it) would everyone make threads like...

'Teweran is overplayed, why can't I ever play breeze?!?'

I also agree with you, I would like the skip system removed, or only be able to skip the maps once.

But in all reality, SG4 and Breeze aren't that bad, I mean they're nice for short little games. Sg4 does have way to many tier 2's, but that also causes risk of going to a certain area as it will be a hotspot/swarmed. Like in a zombie apocalypse. If you need to get supplies, would you rush to a big store and risk getting killed by zombies/humans to get better supplies, or go to a small store which less people would go to and get worthwhile supplies at a lower risk?

And breeze, apart from stupid water fights (Which can be resolved by a teammate/boat/bow) is actually quite nice. It requires strategy yet again seeing as less tier 2's make everyone having the same amount of gear (apart from lucky people that got a good tier 2) and putting it down to PvP skill moreso.

Anyway, some of my favorite maps are underplayed too, but continuing in making these threads probably won't help.
Sg4 has nothing, but easy to reach chests and lame enviroment, breeze, just water battles, (i dont hate this map so much, its just waaayy to overplayed).

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
People just don't like it and they have to skip until they get Breeze or SG4.
Your answer is right there... People don't vote for maps they don't like, and they skip if there are none they like. I have nothing against SG4, it's a fairly fun map and it's a fast game too. Breeze can get annoying with it's waterfights, but the rest is all fun for me! Of course, there are maps that aren't played enough like Teweran and Survival Kingdom (both of which I like and would love to play on more), but it's because more people dislike those maps for one reason or another.

Another problem is that the forum community is very little of the MCSG community. There is very rarely a forummer in any MCSG game I play. The forum community is much more mature than the MCSG community because the MCSG community has younger minecrafters of ages 9-11 sometimes. The forum community has been proven to like SG2 over all the other maps, but SG2 is still very rarely played.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I want to play Kharmunrah D:
Was it removed, or does it just never come up? (idk, i just dont vote anymore so i don't pay attention :/ )

But my vote, in the name of the good old beta days, random maps, its a win/win! You get to play maps you A: never get to play/ havent tried, 2: dont have routes for, and D :havent played twice or more in one day!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Was it removed, or does it just never come up? (idk, i just dont vote anymore so i don't pay attention :/ )

But my vote, in the name of the good old beta days, random maps, its a win/win! You get to play maps you A: never get to play/ havent tried, 2: dont have routes for, and D :havent played twice or more in one day!
It rarely comes up. I see it every so often, and I actually managed a lovely game on it a couple days ago! Not enough tier 2's...

NO WAY! In the "good old beta days" the forums were being constantly spammed to add a voting system! Either you weren't actually here for the beta days and you were told about it, or you just don't remember it.
It is in NO way a win/win. You are forced to play maps you may not like and if you aren't a donor you just wasted 5+ mins of your time waiting for a game to start on a map you don't like.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that the people who vote sg4 and breeze every time are the zombie like 8 year olds who havn't played any other maps for the short time they have been playing Mcsg. The real "community" is the people like us on the forums who actually know how awesome Mcsg actually is.
Are you calling me an 8 year old zombie?

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score

But my vote, in the name of the good old beta days, random maps, its a win/win! You get to play ma

ps you A: never get to play/ havent tried, 2: dont have routes for, and D :havent played twice or more in one day!
I actually saw it today but it was skipped in 5 seconds for SG 4 ;P

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
It rarely comes up. I see it every so often, and I actually managed a lovely game on it a couple days ago! Not enough tier 2's...

NO WAY! In the "good old beta days" the forums were being constantly spammed to add a voting system! Either you weren't actually here for the beta days and you were told about it, or you just don't remember it.
It is in NO way a win/win. You are forced to play maps you may not like and if you aren't a donor you just wasted 5+ mins of your time waiting for a game to start on a map you don't like.
1: Calm down.
2: Who says i wasn't here in beta!?!?!?! (yes, i didnt have a forum account then because i didn't know about it, dosn't mean i wasn't on the servers).
3: I knew about the constant spam on here to add a voting system, but they couldn't have thought of the 8 year olds who spam into the chat "vote breeze, VOTE BREEZE!!!!!" every game.
4: Who says that playing maps you don't like is bad, it forces you to create a route on the map and to get used to playing it (most of us are used to it already).

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
2: Who says i wasn't here in beta!?!?!?! (yes, i didnt have a forum account then because i didn't know about it, dosn't mean i wasn't on the servers).
3: I knew about the constant spam on here to add a voting system, but they couldn't have thought of the 8 year olds who spam into the chat "vote breeze, VOTE BREEZE!!!!!" every game.
4: Who says that playing maps you don't like is bad, it forces you to create a route on the map and to get used to playing it (most of us are used to it already).
Sing it

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
1. I didn't go crazy.
2. I didn't say you weren't here in beta, I said you might not have been here in beta...
3. Except when someone spams the chat it's not hard to ignore it, and it disappears after a couple seconds. On the forums it's there and as someone that likes to read what everyone has to say on the forums, I looked into their post to find it was some kid that can't properly right a sentence (my own problem, but some other people are like this)
4.I say it's bad to play maps you don't like. That's like when someone says "I wanna go to this university to learn a subject I am very much interested in" and you say "Well, you've tried this subject before and you know you don't like it, but come back and study it anyways!".

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
1. I didn't go crazy.
2. I didn't say you weren't here in beta, I said you might not have been here in beta...
3. Except when someone spams the chat it's not hard to ignore it, and it disappears after a couple seconds. On the forums it's there and as someone that likes to read what everyone has to say on the forums, I looked into their post to find it was some kid that can't properly right a sentence (my own problem, but some other people are like this)
4.I say it's bad to play maps you don't like. That's like when someone says "I wanna go to this university to learn a subject I am very much interested in" and you say "Well, you've tried this subject before and you know you don't like it, but come back and study it anyways!".
Retarded -_-

Porkjet

Spectator
Reaction score
I am not trying to get them removed. I just feel as if the skip system was removed, these maps would be played less then now, but still slightly more than the other maps, which I feel is fair.
This hits the nail on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci