• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ingame Trash Talking - Don't Let It Get To You

CrystalKnowledge

Experienced
Reaction score
So recently I've been seeing a few people making threads about people who "trash talk" ingame (Typically after the user dies, a different user will say something like "GG" or "Wrecked") and how it should be a bannable offense. Even though I feel a ban is perhaps a bit too strong, don't forget that the user saying these things will tend to develop a bad reputation: no matter who they might end up saying it to. Trash talking is a part of any online game. I can remember on games I used to play there would be members just like the usual suspects here who would kill people and say "GG Wrecked", and eventually they started to develop a bad reputation.

So just remember, if someone does say that it's not you they're hurting, it's themselves. With that in mind I also want to remind everyone that people constantly say it to anyone who puts on a good fight. If people say "Wrecked" it's typically a sign that you actually did put on a good fight but they just said it to make it look like it was a breeze for them (Unless you didn't get a single shot in... in that case you got wrecked). So whatever kid you met online that might say these things, just remember:

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
If someone says something that you feel is harassment, take a screenshot of it. Then you can post a report in the abuse report section.

The MCGamer rules state:
2. Do not disrespect or harass other members: We want people in our community to feel safe and respected.
Harassment is taken very seriously. If you are caught harassing others, you may risk being permanently removed from our community.

So, if you feel harassed, just report the user(s)! :)

ChallengerSRT

Experienced
Reaction score
The people that are the ones that don't say anything but good game or good fight
Are the true mcsg fans
And that awkward moment when you see the guy that says good luck and may the odds be in your favour isn't really odd
It's kind not like other disrespectful people
Some times you may see people with no wins or no points asking for a team
They're asking for a helping hand to succeeding in mcsg
Don't be rude and say your a NOOB go To your mommy
YOU ACCEPT THEM AS A TEAM
EVERYONE ON MCSG TEAMED BEFORE
THEY MIGHT BE 5 OR THEY MIGHT BE 20 NO MATTER WHAT BE RESPECTFUL TO ALL PLAYERS OF MCSG
WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU
PEOPLE CRY IF THEY DIE SOMETIMES WHO CARES ITS A GAME
IT HAPPENS YOU CANT CONTROL IT
BE RESPECTFUL

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
This
This made me laugh.

But this carries a strong message. People are all too easy to aggravate. If I were to go onto TeamSpeak, join a random channel, and instantly disagree with anything and everything they said, then they would probably start steaming at the ears and call a mod on me. (although I won't actually do this because I'd rather not get banned :p)
Even I, myself, get angered easily sometimes. (okay not easily, but it does happen once in a blue moon.)

So here's my image:

Diamond
Reaction score
This is an awesome thread :D It really does speak the truth since a lot of this does happen on the mcsg servers.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
For some reason, in several days of playing over the last couple weeks or so, I've not seen a single bit of trash talk in games I was spectating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci