• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Internet Friends!

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
I've met a lot of incredible friends over the internet that I've known and still talk to semi-regularly for over a year. (Bunns plimpy41 Chiller4 brirocks123 MathewTheLatios Avesu) and then there are friends who I've known for maybe not as long, but I've known them enough to become what I'd, at least, consider to be very good friends and I can trust these people with a lot of things (besides my home address :^) ) (duckluv321 soggypickle ChrisComedies AuroraV2 Krafty AGFire2013 [AMBER YOU NEED TO SPEAK] Mooclan Nephilim PickedBroken violetheart17, more that I'm too tired to list :c )
One day I shall c:

I haven't met up with too many online friends, but I should (GOFORGOLDCROZ noooot )

Platinum
Reaction score
I want to meet up with Yozy_XD, DecembersDesire and GengarHD. (Oh also clownstripe he lives 5 mintutes away from me)

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Ah I wish I could meet some of my internet friends ;(...Anyone live in Bryan/College Station Texas? L3l did I just give out the city I live in?

Tom

Experienced
Reaction score
Ive met alot of amazing people on my journey and plan to meet more in the future! There are people I still talk to all the time now that I spoke to back in 2013. Unfortunately I haven't met all of them yet but I am planning too in the future.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to meet with some of the friends with whom I'd worked for years with during my tenure managing Garrysmod communities. I'd known these guys for years, and worked quite closely with them only a year beforehand, and considering that one of them is a troglodyte from the midwest who was making a five day roadtrip to visit us in CA, this was a once-in-a-lifetime chance. But for some reason, I was getting cold feet about attending; part of me was afraid that meeting up in person would be awkward and break the friendship we had forged over the internet. Plus there were the expenses... the previous commitments... and all the other, "what-ifs" that nag at you.

I managed to force myself through the slump after I accepted that, if I missed this, I would forever regret it. So at nearly the last minute, I signed up for a two-way flight to San Diego and a room (definitely suggest AirBnB for good non-hotel lodging). I dropped a a few hundred bucks on the trip, which is big money when you're a poor college student, but the experience alone as worth it. There was no awkwardness nor even an introduction period; after shaking hands for the first time ever, we went back to calling each other by our screen names and just hung out like we usually did.

If you are friends with someone online, there will come a point at which you'll think about what it would be like to meet them in real life. If you get that far, then you should definitely think about meeting up with them at least once in your life. Even if it's expensive or inconvenient, it is imperative that you get to meet the friend behind the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci