• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Introduce a New System of IP Bans?

Exous

Experienced
Reaction score
It's at least better than people ban evading without the usage of VPNs.

Developers can just create a plugin where it blocks users that use VPN to log in to MCGamer in the future as well.
lol theres no way to block someones vpn through minecraft, if the person is on a new account with a new ip there is really no way to find out their old identity

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score

Developers can just create a plugin where it blocks users that use VPN to log in to MCGamer in the future as well.
no they cant...

J

District 13
Reaction score
lol theres no way to block someones vpn through minecraft, if the person is on a new account with a new ip there is really no way to find out their old identity
Sorry, I think I might've misunderstood the previous statement.

What I meant is developers are able to create a plugin which can block players from accessing the server with a VPN (Other servers have this feature i.e. Badlion) Of course they are not able to find out the new user on the VPN, but they can just prevent them from accessing this server with a VPN enabled.

no they cant...
Read above ^^

Last edited:

Omri

Career
Reaction score

i dont think they're smart enough I mean it took them like 6 months to fix an FNS and its still not fully fixed

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
In my opinion, it could be a little difficult to stay on top of, I'm sure some form of automatic IP banning feature could be put into place if an IP that has multiple banned accounts connected to it, that specific IP gets banned. Horrible wording but I hope you're able to understand.

Lad

Quantum
Reaction score
Good idea but then again there wouldn't be that much players considering half of this community has ghost clients lmao

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score

What I meant is developers are able to create a plugin which can block players from accessing the server with a VPN (Other servers have this feature i.e. Badlion) Of course they are not able to find out the new user on the VPN, but they can just prevent them from accessing this server with a VPN enabled.

Read above ^^

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread, so I've decided to throw my two cents in.

Read above ^^
What I meant is developers are able to create a plugin which can block players from accessing the server with a VPN
This is correct, but if you are smart enough there is a simple way to bypass it.

not able to find out the new user on the VPN, but they can just prevent them from accessing this server with a VPN enabled.
This is incorrect, they can.

This can be caught using simple algorithms.

Complexity

Survivor
Reaction score
My brother plays mc here and there and he doesnt care that much about the game so it would be unfair 2 me if he hacked on a server a ton of times and got our ip banned :/

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score
My brother plays mc here and there and he doesnt care that much about the game so it would be unfair 2 me if he hacked on a server a ton of times and got our ip banned :/
Is your brother strong?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci