• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

'Introduction section'

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hi, basically this idea is creating a new thread in the forums called 'introductions', basically the reason for this is so new people who might be scared to post stuff has a place to say a little about themselves and show off their swag.

Pros:

New people have a way to introduce themselves and become awesome

People can meet new members of the community

New players can feel welcome

Swag? c:

Cons:

Hi... My name is ugg, here's a link to some Russian gambling, etc,

Agree/Disagree? c:

Sammoko

Survivor
Reaction score
I see the use of this but I seem to find it a bit unnecessary to MCSG. Imagine you are a new player who is joining the forums and you click on this so called 'Introduction Section' and what do you see? Lots of people necroing or going completely off topic and eventually there will be a countless number of pages full of complete rubbish.
Cons:

Hi... My name is ugg, here's a link to some Russian gambling, etc,
This is also a problem because people will be posting things like 'A Russian Gambling site' or their youtube channels and this mat stir up flame between the members who have posted on the thread. Maybe if there was a template to follow when you get onto this thread it would calm these things down a bit.

All I see this as is something that will just go off topic and will end up being disregarded and eventually becoming useless and unused.

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
I am a prestigious young man, looking for a path to follow.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think the suggestion to bring back the Live Chat is a good way of doing this same thing. And as Sammoko said, there will be spam posts. With the chat, anything posted will disappear quickly enough anyways :)

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm sorry but how can they be scared of typing? lul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci