• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is a gaming mouse/keyboard any different from using an ordinary one?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Back pre-1.7 sprint, I was arguably one of the best strafers in the US.... and the keyboard that I used? A standard HP keyboard that came with my computer. My mouse? Some 2005 Microsoft thing with two buttons, low DPS, and a bad scroll. I racked up 500 wins, and a ratio slightly better than 1/5. Back when I did that, it was actually impressive.

Now, I use a worse keyboard, and it drastically affected my typing speed, but in-game, it didn't make a noticeable difference.
As for my mouse... well, I switched to a Razer Naga 2014 a few months ago. Do I regret spending some $80 on it? NO.

Having a gaming mouse has enabled me to keep up with people who use the fishing rod technique, 180 Flint and Steels, and all sorts of other fancy tricks using secondary weapons. I'm able to have various buttons assigned to the numbers 1-9. For the fishing rod technique in close-range combat, I'm able to hit one button, right click, and then press another key, and ta-da! The fishing rod technique, all performed on my mouse, and in half the time that it would take me to do it using my keyboard as well. Using my keyboard, I've often hit Q by accident, causing me to drop my sword. No joke, that actually happened to me during a clan battle once. ;_;

If you use it right, having gaming equipment can drastically change your range of abilities. From speeding up the process of executing a certain move, to simply enabling you to pull off a fancy combo that you couldn't do before.

My page just glitched, so I have to post this and then refresh the page. -.-

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
I have got both gaming mice and keyboard. And they both feel alot better than just normal gear. They also have quicker response time. You'll love it.

MysticHD

Tribute
Reaction score
Gaming mice makes a huge difference, than if you have a "Smart Mouse" for mac. The gaming keyboard isnt such a huge deal, a keyboard is a keyboard. Although is feels wayyyyy better in your hands doesnt really affect gameplay. The reason why people prefer gaming mouses more than regular mice because its easy to click fast and has no restraint on your capabilities to click fast, other than minecraft restricts how much time you can hit. Razer DeathAdder is my recommendation, it feels good in my hands at least. It has side 2 buttons, too many side buttons will get you confused you will most likely click the wrong button at some points.
Another tip: Macs Suck through it out your window cuzz its trash, for gaming but great for editing.

bbLLERMC

District 13
Reaction score
I will never go back I have a gaming mouse and a mechanical keyboard

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
I recently upgraded from my MacBook Pro 2011 to a new hackintosh (if you will) which I built. Along with that I got a new keyboard (Razer Black Widow 2014) and a new mouse (CM Storm Recon). I can honestly say that the better frame rates I get with my new computer make me PvP better then my keyboard and mouse combined. If you are already getting descent frames rates then I would go with upgrading your mouse. Mechanical keyboards are nice and all, but I cannot say that I have won in a fight that many times just because I had a mechanical keyboard.

FAMILYMONSTER

Experienced
Reaction score
I use my ASUS laptop keyboard and my Logitech mouse. I feel that the keyboard's keys are easy to push down and they aren't too loud, and my Logitech mouse as it fits in my hand good and it's fast and smooth!

Have a nice day!
~FAMILYMONSTER

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
I use a Razer Mamba which I got for Christmas, but I still use the standard Mac keyboard they give you for the desktop. The mouse helped considerably, but I don't need a new keyboard.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have a Steelseries Rival, so I'll talk about that.
Most gaming mice have macro buttons on them that allow you to perform multiple tasks with just the hit of a button. Gaming mice are shaped to fit your hands perfectly, and are sweat-resistant for those hardcore gamers. My mouse has some LED lighting in the form of the Steelseries logo and some LED lighting on the mouse wheel, so it's pretty sick. It's also somewhat shaped like an "S", but not as drastic. The mouse buttons are quite long as well, so that you can click easier.

Primeval

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, I've used a Razer DeathAdder For at least 9+ Months. I wouldn't regret spending money due to all of the features it can do. I personally think the gaming mouse is very important,because it helps you keep up with the PvP now in days or even just clicking faster then you're opponent.
As for the keyboard, I have some rubber dome one that came with my keyboard. I would love to get one,but I really don't want to spend the money. I've gotten over 700+ wins with this keyboard and to buy a new one would also be hard to adjust too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci