• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is it all a waste of time?

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
I would never consider it a waste of time in the sense of all the things I've learned, and the fun I've had, but most importantly, the friends I've made.

I have met some of the most amazing people I've ever met, and like ever will meet online, and I would never call that a waste of time.

I can honestly say foruming has improved my writing skills, and being involved here and other minecraft related places got me into 'digital art' which I am so happy to have been introduced too.

Something Col_StaR mentioned in his post regarding moderation is entirely true. I think that if I played "24/7" I would be more likely to consider that part a "waste", but the truth is I don't. I think most people who play occasionally, and mostly focus on other things, like talking to their friends on Skype or team speaks, are highly less likely to consider it a waste of time, since they see it as more of a social interaction than just "gaming all day".

I've also never let MCSG effect my real life responsibilities, like school, and it doesn't effect how often I hang out with my 'IRL' friends, which makes a difference in how I view MCSG.
I agree. 90% of the one I am talking to someone on teamspeak whenever I am playing. I mainly get on to talk to people and have fun.

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't think my personality would be the same if i wasn't on the internet :).

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I deal with time in a good way. I have time to socialize, play on the computer, finish work, go outside, etc.

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I mean, we are probably spending hours and hours in front of the computer instead of going outside and socializing.
I think the only reason going outside and socializing is seen as the standard regardless of personal preference is because for decades it was seen as the only think a child could actually do. In my opinion, if you enjoy something, how can it possibly be a waste of time?
We have all met many great friends, but at the same time we may have wasted our teenage years. I guarantee that when we grow up we will all look back on playing video games as being a waste of time. I have had a lot of fun and met a lot of friends, but I feel like I could have spent my time a lot better than playing video games.
Well obviously upon maturity and growth your interests as a person will evolve and change and expand and grow, but that still does not or will not take away the indulging in enjoyable recollection years from now, when you will recall that your childhood was good and entertaining through the not idle time in video games.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Not really....

—Why Fox?
«Well ,since young, VideoGames have taught me a lot of things. From vocabulary, it has taught me to be brave, to not give up. I don't feel Video Games are a waste of time —unless they literally teach you nothing.»

—How Minecraft isn't a waste of time?
«From what I stated before, every game has something to teach and Minecraft is the game that impacted the most my life. Other games have too, but Minecraft made the most difference. What made the difference was the people I met via it. People are mean, and barely someone are kind... Nonetheless, these mean people are the ones who make you stronger, and basically give you +stamina! Anyway, good or bad people they taught me a lot of stuff —which is what makes me who I am today. Minecraft, not only the game, but the forums, the servers, the skins have unlocked many characteristics of my personality.»

—Is there people who do waste their time in Minecraft or in games in general?
«If we go to the first question, If you didn't learn something, a lesson, just something, then it was clearly a waste of time.»

landowicked

Diamond
Reaction score
I Never had very many friends in real life, and my ADHD made me socially awkward, and therefore i would mostly sit at my house and play with my legos by myself. Then one of my friends showed me minecraft, and it all went uphill from there. from the ShaftLands which was the first server i fell in love with, to Quantum gaming, which was the first server where i made friends that id talk to through a mic, To Inhaven, the server i still consider the best server ive ever been on, where i met most of my greatest friends, and to MCSG where i helpted make a clan and through that clan i made tons of friends. Some may not consider people online to be real friends, but honestly those ive met online have changed my life forever, so do i think gaming was a waste of my time, absolutely not and i wouldnt give up the experiences ive had through minecraft for anything else.

doth270999

Diamond
Reaction score
No way, mcsg is the best server I have ever played on. So many great people on there. Never going to regret that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci