• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is it Bad To Rely On Secondary Weapons?

Is Relying On Secondarys Bad?

• Total voters

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What i am talking about is that it is more important to be brutal with swords. then in second hand comes bow and flint and steel, don't get me wrong flint and steel has long been my trademark anyways. I prefer being good with a sword in first hand.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
A decent fighter requires weaponry.
An exceptional fighter is classed as weaponry.

I judge that you are believing that swords are the primary weapon to use because it's generally just that in most cases - placed into players left-most hotbar slot for a quick hotkey to '1' in dire situations, as well as within the Survival Games it being more durable then most other weapons.

There is no rules when it comes to this. Personally, when supplied with a bow, it can be my primary piece of weaponry and a sword can be my secondary - although I don't mentally think that, they're just separate weapons used for the same purpose, yet differently.

Heck things such as swords, bows, fishing rods as well as flint and steel within the games are put in as more offensive tools, but there are much more then people actually realize or care to use. Use absolutely everything that deals damage towards the player, and use it against them. Usually static, but not always;
Fall, Fire, Lava, Burn, Drown, Void, Suffocation, Mob, Potion, Starvation, Cactus and Explosion, you should always value these things above even what you would consider "Primary" weapons. You have to steer your fight towards any of those goals first, and attempt to get the upper hand. You should never plan too far ahead into a fight as anything can happen, it all depends on location and how you go along doing it. gcb99 has the right idea about it:
If you know when and how to use your equip you can win against everyone.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I prefer swordplay, because I can't do anything else.

But secondary weapons help. (This is for me)

Whenever I go into battle, I generally charge in with a fishing rod, get them off balence, get a few hits with a sword, maybe a bow shot or two, then just go in and try to dominate with a sword.

That's how I generally fight in Deathmatches, but yeah.

I prefer melee compared to other options.

EDIT: But it's also good to be a professional with melee, as it's more likely a situation you're going to run into.

Flint and steels, fishing rods and all that are nice, but if you're only equip with a sword you need to know how to use it.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I prefer swordplay, because I can't do anything else.

But secondary weapons help. (This is for me)

Whenever I go into battle, I generally charge in with a fishing rod, get them off balence, get a few hits with a sword, maybe a bow shot or two, then just go in and try to dominate with a sword.

That's how I generally fight in Deathmatches, but yeah.

I prefer melee compared to other options.

EDIT: But it's also good to be a professional with melee, as it's more likely a situation you're going to run into.

Flint and steels, fishing rods and all that are nice, but if you're only equip with a sword you need to know how to use it.
And if you're only equipped with another weapon? ;P

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
And if you're only equipped with another weapon? ;P
Chances are you'll moreso have a sword, but if you have another weapon, go for it. :p

But hey, bow shots are all you really need to work on if you're ever in that situation, flint and steels are basically right clicking a block when a guys close to you, and fishing rods basically are looking at someone and right clicking.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Chances are you'll moreso have a sword, but if you have another weapon, go for it. :p

But hey, bow shots are all you really need to work on if you're ever in that situation, flint and steels are basically right clicking a block when a guys close to you, and fishing rods basically are looking at someone and right clicking.
You shouldn't rely on chances :) If somebody is skilled with a bow they can easily keep a person with a sword a bay, or even kill them in most cases.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You shouldn't rely on chances :) If somebody is skilled with a bow they can easily keep a person with a sword a bay, or even kill them in most cases.
Seeing as I couldn't hit a cow with a bow if he would be standing right in front of me, I'll rely on chances thank you. c:

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
I disagree, I somehow have no lag now. It makes me amazing with a bow. I could hit a cow 9001 blocks away from me.
No-one is getting lag, it's only inventory lag. I eat my food without delay, my arrows come off with out delay, my sword hits are from the right distance, my fishing rod comes out spontaneously, when I run of the platform instantly, I can only do at least 1/6 of a sprint jump of my pedestal (used to be between half and a full sprint jump) my chests open automatically with no delay either.

I think they may have fixed lag.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No-one is getting lag, it's only inventory lag. I eat my food without delay, my arrows come off with out delay, my sword hits are from the right distance, my fishing rod comes out spontaneously, when I run of the platform instantly, I can only do at least 1/6 of a sprint jump of my pedestal (used to be between half and a full sprint jump) my chests open automatically with no delay either.

I think they may have fixed lag.
Mincraft 1.5 <3

Or AU servers in AU

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci