• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is it possible to limit inventory size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidAltoid

Spectator
Reaction score
It bothered me that players have little reason to confront each other. Sure you eliminate one person, but that helps everyone as much as it does you. You get their resources, but the risk is generally high relative to the reward. I'm not sure if this problem exists on these servers, but the "points for kills" mechanism implies it might be, if a call-of-duty-like system is needed to encourage aggression.

Maybe you could do both the following:

• limit the inventory size with a mod such that you can only carry perhaps fifteen minutes worth of food
  • make food much more common (or quick to respawn) in a few key areas, and scarce in general
In the movie, one group keeps control of a large food stash in the center. Other tributes must attempt to steal it, risking a confrontation. I've attempted to come up with a way to emulate this. But by placing a large amount of food in the center in minecraft, a player could simply store up and hide in a corner. Limiting inventory size should fix this.

I know everyone probably has their pet idea that they believe would revolutionize the game. But I think it would be great if we could execute to this to some extent, as it would not only make this game more like the book, but also more intense and cutthroat. (But perhaps my idea would take too much fine tuning, in which case just removing chest respawning outside of the center would be alright.)

EDIT: Apparently this would not be possible, so nevermind.

Reaction score
i agree! in the books you either had food or you hunted for it or stole it. Thus wpuld force a lot of confrintation which would be awesome

DJHausted

Survivor
Reaction score
I think if you do that its not a plugin. then everyone have to use a mod. And some dont know how to do that.

Rage

Survivor
Reaction score
I think its 95% good as it can be, there is few things i would change, but its just nice that you must try to get food and risk your life. : ) + I never had the food problem.

- Rage

ParanoidAltoid

Spectator
Reaction score
Alright, well if it's not possible, then that's that.

But I still think that having most food in a few key areas is important, with small but frequent spawns. You might be thinking that players who control the copia are already powerful enough as it is. This is true, but I'm suggesting that there be three or four areas where food spawns, not just one.

I think it's key that no single dominant strategy emerges. A single copia isn't good, as games will be over as soon as they begin, with a single team taking control and dominating. But evenly dispersed resources don't encourage any interesting strategies either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci