• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is MCSG Dying?

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
Hey, it's me EricParazak, no I'm not back, I just feel like I needed to make this thread. (For those, who missed it, I recently left.) Now, I never wanted to start this thread, but I feel like I wanted to ask the community, staff, etc. this.

Is MCSG dying?

I believe I should give my personal answer to this question:
Now if you disagree with me, that's fine, if you agree, that's fine as well. However, I don't think that locking this thread in the first 10 minutes will help things at all.

Personally, I think it is dying, I should know, I have been with this community for 2+ years and I've seen its ups and downs, and I'd like to give my reasons on why I believe this.

1. People are leaving and at a rapid pace.
Over the last week or so, countless people have made goodbye threads, including myself for various reasons, some of them were for life, (which I understand) and some of them were for reasons being that they don't like it here. The fact that people are leaving at a rapid pace could be troublesome to this place in the future if this keeps up.

2. There are too many hackers.
Yes, I am aware that there have always been hackers here, ever since day 1. I've seen a lot of them back in the old days, (July-August or something like that.) after that, they've just died down and I've rarely seen hackers until November 2013 or so. After that, there has been a massive outbreak of hackers and I feel like that's what has become of a large portion of the players. I've heard rumors that there was a Russian YouTuber that played here and got banned for hacking and asked his viewers to head on the server and use hacks. To be honest, that's no excuse for these people to come on here and hack, it just ruins the game for everyone. I feel like that's what has become of s large portion of our players.

3. The forums are dying out.
I find this part to be very sad. I feel like the forums aren't being used as much as they did 1-2 years ago. I used to be extremely active on the forums for a while, and they just died out. It doesn't seem like people are using them as much anymore as they used to.

4. The In-game Community has Gone Downhill
I think that the in-game community used to be good, but now it just feels poisoned. I'm pretty sure most of you guys know what I mean; I'm talking about all the "Gg10", "ez", and "shrekt" community members. It was (almost) never like this a year ago, I almost never saw people say this kind of stuff around here. I did see people say "Gg" after winning a fight with someone, but that was just to show good sportsmanship, now, I feel like people have lost their good sportsmanship. I do realize that this is only a game, but people rage at games too. It just pains me to see people acting so rude towards each other.

So, yeah, those are my reasons on why I think this community is dying, I find it sad to see how a community has once loved has taken a dramatic turn in a bad way. I'm not saying it's bad if you disagree with me. This is my personal opinion, and I hope you all can respect my opinion. Please feel free to post your thoughts as a reply.​

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I made a thread very similar to this a short time ago. What I believe in short is, mcsg is not dying the player base is not decreasing and you might say there is no community anymore. As long as people play here there will be a community. What is really happening is the community is changing. For better, heck no; For worse, most certainly.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
No mainly because we are gaining more players than we are loosing. I admit the community is changing but it is definitely not dying.

Last edited:

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
I made a thread very similar to this a short time ago. What I believe in short is, mcsg is not dying the player base is not decreasing and you might say there is no community anymore. As long as people play here there will be a community. What is really happening is the community is changing. For better, heck no; For worse, most certainly.
Or some randoms think they'll get better if they talk like those really cocky people in randy clans.
Yh nothing's happening btw it's the same community just cuz they talk bad now doesn't change that this is a children's block game.

swiitchbackz

Diamond
Reaction score
The only thing that i think is happening is all the well known players quitting and its time for a new era of players. but this is most certainly not getting better... although i have not played in about 3 months

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Or some randoms think they'll get better if they talk like those really cocky people in randy clans.
Yh nothing's happening btw it's the same community just cuz they talk sh!t now doesn't change that this is a children's block game.
^
[Example A]
People have no respect for people anymore.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
^
[Example A]
People have no respect for people anymore.
I don't think u deserve respect if your conspirasizing that a children's block game community is getting a lil bit mean!!!!

S

Sepyz

No mainly because we are gaining more players than we are loosing. I admit the community is changing but it is definitely not dying.
How many of those new players will actually attempt to become somewhat-well known and contribute to the community?
Very, very few. The players that actually care are very scarce.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think u deserve respect if your conspirasizing that a children's block game community is getting a lil bit mean!!!!
So you are saying just because its a block game people can be mean to one another? We are still a community.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
It goes beyond the game. People have made great friends here, just because you quit does not mean you have to tear it down for everyone else. Why not hold onto the last few strings of the old friendly community instead of leaving it fall completely.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
How many of those new players will actually attempt to become somewhat-well known and contribute to the community?
Very, very few. The players that actually care are very scarce.
A good amount of new players are becoming involved in the community. They just pop up every once in a while you just don't notice them.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
So you are saying just because its a block game people can be mean to one another? We are still a community.
You r the soul reason I cry myself to sleep.
Please read your run on sentence, and see if you can find a valid point?
I know we are a community, I believe you could have inferred that, from me calling it a block game community. I'm saying if you let someone saying something a minecraft chat get to you, you should stay away from people, bleach and ropes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci