• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is the EU Network Dying?

JamJoenut

Diamond
Reaction score
I've wanted to make this thread for at least 2 weeks since I got back, a discussion that will hopefully get everyone involved from both sides and to illustrate the significant problems with the network.

After 4 months of University, I came back to find out that the majority of people I've asked have said that the EU Network had changed, considerably worse than before. According to the majority of people I've asked (at least over 20) have said exactly the same things: Staff are corrupt, hackers are rampant and nobody plays on the network in comparison to what it was before. Why is this? As a former moderator, this is rather worrying, what could of happened in the last 4 months that has completely distorted a once great community.

I'm not trying to start a flame war or verbally attack anyone in particular, however from the way I see it, it doesn't look good.

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, my opinion may not be very accurate because I hardly ever play on the EU Network, but none of our networks seem to be "dying." Yes there are a lot of hackers but it's that way on every server that is as big, or bigger than ours. They just come with the popularity. This is also why we host tons of cleansweeps and are starting to host them even more frequently.

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't think EU network is dying , soon it's going to have a Cleansweep , to clean EU network of Hackers and Rule breakers :)

And please , can you explain to me your opinion about staff , you said that they are corrupt , why?

Reaction score
I don't think EU network is dying , soon it's going to have a Cleansweep , to clean EU network of Hackers and Rule breakers :)

And please , can you explain to me your opinion about staff , you said that they are corrupt , why?
If you really think cleansweep is going to solve EU's hacker problem, you must not be an EU player. Yes, it's good that people are trying to help, but EU has come to a point where it can't be fixed.

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
If you really think cleansweep is going to solve EU's hacker problem, you must not be an EU player. Yes, it's good that people are trying to help, but EU has come to a point where it can't be fixed.
I'm an EU player , i just believe in MCGamer staff team , and the EU players that are going to help . I don't think that's going to solve the problem with hackers , but it is going to help a bit :)

J

Jojo

It is true that eu has to master many problems at the moment.
Yes, there is unfortunately an incredible amount of hackers and many European moderators have resigned recently.

But EU won't die. There are people out there, who fight for the EU servers. Hard working Moderators, Cleansweep participants, each single hacker report is a step in the right direction.
Eu isn't lost as long as those people don't give up. And they won't give up.

Each single ban is a hacker less on the servers. There are still thousands out there, but it has to stop someday, there can't be an endless amount of hackers.

Eu won't die. ;)

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think it's dying, of course there are alot of hackers, but they're are killable as long as they don't have speed or fly. If they do, don't even bother. Just don't. /kill.

I'm just waiting for XAC to be fully functional so it stops fly and speed hackers.

Otherwise, no, EU is not dying in mh opinion. I get what you mean, but no :D

Jeez, feels so different to post positively after a while!

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
As a moderator who frequently attends the Cleansweeps, I know that they are effective. From Nephilim: "So far, we have an average of 18 bans per session, which is pretty impressive compared to our older ones I must say." It may not be much in the the scheme of everyone, but for a 2 hour session of pure catching, recording, and banning hackers, it's not bad. We are making progress. The hope is not lost in EU, and the Cleansweep crew are at it again. You could always join to help us out, or just report them when we're off session right here on the forums. We are fighting back, and hard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci