• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's the End of the Line For Me

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Good Evening everyone, and Happy Halloween.
I'm Gecko, you guys probably have seen me around, I've been fairly involved in MCG the past year. That has ended however. Yes, GeckoGoggals, probably the most improved veteran, is gone. There is no more rail for my MCSG train to ride on anymore, it used to be there, but it was taken away. I've been thinking about leaving for a while now, for these reasons.
1) The #1 reason I'm leaving is because of the staff. Yes, the staff. I've been ignored and kicked down by the staff so many times. Mods, I love you. You are not the problem, you are great role models, so many of you go unappreciated, I'll take this time to say I appreciate what you moderators of MCGamer do.

Moderators of the Minecraft Gamer Network, I appreciate each and every one of you. Keep up the great work while I'm gone.

It's No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get any staff support for the SGClassic cause. SGClassic was my life for a while, I was #1 on the leaderboards at one time earlier this year. Its always had problems, and the staff know about them, but won't recognize them. The Senior Staff just don't plain care about my part of the server.

2) This is not a very close second, but a small reason I'm leaving is because of the Community, and what its become. Everyone says "oh the community is terrible" well it's not. It is only a nasty little bunch of immature people that make the community rotten. I feel that if they are that immature, it's not even worth being around them. Most of these people aren't forumers, so I MIGHT stay updated on the forums.

3) School, this reason is the smallest reason I'm leaving. School has never been a problem for me, I've always got all A's with room to spare. At my high school, we use trimesters, or 3 semesters in a year, and the first has come to a close. Although I am smart enough to survive this next trimester, I am not as confident as I've been before, all my toughest classes are coming up in the next 12 weeks. I don't think this would effect my playing time here, but I'm just not so sure.
Now let's get on to what my time here was like.

6th Grade
So yeah, I started in 6th grade. Me and my good friend Tisch were excited about the new map "The Survival Games" in April of 2012. We could never find a good server to play on though. One day at baseball practice, a younger player told us about MCSG. That night, in early May, it might have even been my birthday, I joined a MCSG server for the first time. It was a 48 player server, US26. At the time, there were only 30 servers for MCSG. My first game was no heroic game, it was on SG2 and I survived until the first night and got killed by monsters in the forest. At that time, SG2 was the only map on 48-servers, so I memorized the map, learned how to survive, and what places were dangerous. I couldn't get the PvP part down though. That was because I was using one of those godawful mousepads. It sucked. I knew how to survive, but once I got to deathmatch, it was a whole new ball game.

7th Grade

7th grade was the first turning point in my career. I had my first win on Halloween of 2012, yes, this is my 2 year aneversery of my first win. It was an average win, I killed a few people, I got the refill, and I was the last man standing. I had a 1/600 game ratio from May to December but things were about to change. I got a mouse for Christmas, which I still use today, and I was ready to attack with new style. It took a while for me to get used to my mouse, but after a while I got the hang of it. I started winning a game once in a while, but by the end of my 7th grade year, I still wasn't that good, I had about 50/900 games won.

8th Grade
In the summer before 8th grade, I finally got a chance to play MCSGv2, I'd had computer problems since the new years, and I was ready to see this new change. I was fairly satisfied with what MCSGv2 had to offer, and liked it pretty well, but I had found a castle siege server that I loved even more. That castle siege server was what made me as good as I am today, it improved my PvP skills on an extreme level. I would need to take on 4 or 5 enemies at a time with the same gear, and it made me tough as nails. I was starting to drift away though, but one thing pulled me back in... SGClassic. It came out in November of 2013, and it was instantly better than normal MCSG. I loved the SG1/SG2 maps, so I got playtime on my favorite maps from when life on MCSG was quiet and enjoyable to play on.

Freshman Year
After I finished middle school, I got back into the MCSG servers over the summer. I was 14 now, so I applied for moderator. I applied, but it was an utter failure, as was the second time. The third time was a little more successful, it got to pending, but wasn't good enough. The fourth was an extremely impressive, 10 page application that I worked weeks on perfecting, proofreading, having others proofread, it was intense, but I got denied in the pending stage for not meeting the network's standards, I used the template, what other standards do you have? That's strike 1 for the Sr Staff. I worked for that, at least tell me what the real reason I was denied was. I don't want to be another number, don't give me that stupid copy & paste note that doesn't even pertain to my situation. After this, I decided that if they didn't want me, it was their loss, not mine. I got into teamspeak after that. I started making friends, and doing community events, like the Community Games, which I participated in 3, 4, 5, and 6. I also went to a community focus group, where Dave the admin was answering questions. By then, SGClassic was struggling, so I asked Dave if he was concerned about this, and his response was, in a stern voice: "I don't answer that kind of question." Strike two. You can't even tell me if your concerned about the servers you are obligated to administrate? That leaves the impression that you are afraid to answer it because I don't want to hear the honest answer that you aren't concerned about it. You could have said "We know about SGClassic's problems, but won't release any information about what we're doing right now" That would have been the way to handle it. Dave, you are a great admin, but you have had problems with handling situations badly in the past, that's probably strike 253 for you in the community's eyes. After that, I started playing on MCSG more often, because SGClassic was getting on my nerves with the glitches. I won game after game, and went into a slump at 69. I broke that slump on SG3 one day, and now have 73 wins I think. But 73 does not show how good I am skill wise. It shows how good I am as a person. I don't win games anymore. I give wins to others that deserve it. I kill one player in deathmatch, and /kill so the random person gets a nice surprise. The only times I don't do this is if there are teams, I will go down fighting that way. I could have a few hundred wins, but they aren't important to me, its having fun. I've had 2 1/2 years of fun, so I gave it back to those guys out there who are working to do what I did on SGClassic. I was also working as a 'moderator' for SGClassic at this time too, I didn't abandon my family on there, I just divided my time differently. I reported hacker after hacker and spammer after spammer until those 28 servers were clean. I tried and tried to get moderators on the servers, but none listened. Soon, I posted a thread about fixing SGClassic, it was shot down by BlueHeron and SuperxAndrew. Thanks a lot you two, you are one of the reasons I'm leaving. Later, I tried again, and it was again ignored by the staff, so I tried private conversations with some staff members and it still didn't work. Now, in October, I tried one last time, to bring SGClassic out of the shadows, a plan to fix all its flaws. It gained a tremendous amount of support, I tagged staff members, I sent PMs to people to raise awareness, but it still did not get recognized by the Sr. Staff. This sent me over the edge, strike 3 MCGamer, you are out. Out of my life that is.

In my final words, I would like to know that I've made an impact on this community, so I don't want to hear "you will be missed" that is just a bunch of crap to make me feel better. You and I both know that. I don't want to hear it. I want to know if I made my mark here or if I am just another skrub that got GG10 rekd by a hacker. Tell me your connection to me, weather you talked to me me in a game, if we were close friends, or if you just have seen me around, tell me that, not 'you will be missed'. If you haven't seen me, tell me that or don't post. If you really won't miss me, don't post anything. You would be telling lies to me, I don't want you to lie to make me feel better.

Finally, I'm going to recognize a few great people who made my time here great.

Sean - Your community games made a stronger connection between me and the community's core.

mikag35 - You were a great role model, and when you told me "You. Are still an amazing player", that is what made me want to be the best. You gave me confidence. If it weren't for you, I would have left a long time ago.

Alpha you are another great SGC player and role model for me. You and mikag will always be in my memories of MCSG and SGC.

Mooclan when I first met you, I didn't expect you to be so friendly, with your formal post and whatnot. You are just plain awesome and know how to act in every situation.

trevinator2011 We share feelings, I can't explain how much of a help you have been in the SGC rights movement. Thanks, and good luck.

Lively Although you were always bitter towards me, I know you always had good intentions and I respected you and thought you were a great role model.

zorrodc Thanks for being a good friend, remembering me, even if it was "oh yeah its you", and thanks for showing me all those secrets on Castle Dracula

Ceroria | XyZebrAbC and duckluv321 you guys are great mods and don't get enough credit for what you do, keep up the great work.

AmyGlitters you may have gone unnoticed as a mod by others, but not me. Ever since you had that 200+k bounty, I noticed you becoming more active, just know that you did a great job as a mod, and even without knowing it, helped me along in my journey here.

Captain Dak and Captain | Lqzer you guys were great captains and leaders in the community, you guys were role models to me and I thought you guys were pretty cool.

TheRealAussie you were always there for me when I needed someone to lean on. It wasn't that often, but your comments were always that kind of pick-me-up complements that really do a lot.

Kame EMAW nation will keep us united, wildcat proud.

arsenalfcgunners you are an awesome player, and even though we're not quite 'friends', you were a really nice guy to hang around with.

Giggity69Goo you are an awesome leader, and if you didn't tag me, I wouldn't have ever gotten into the Community Games.

That's just about it, I'm done here, I won't be on the servers or teamspeak, and I most likely won't be on the forums any more. It was a great ride, but this is the end of the line.
~Gecko

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
It's a terrible moment when a community member leaves, but I'm really not sure why me and SuperxAndrew were tagged as factors of you leaving. I went over the thread, and it's a pretty civil argument, and to be frank, you missed the point of SGC. It's not supposed to be MCSG v1, but MCSG in it's beta stages like it was in the summer of 2012.

I hope you'll come back sometimes, but for now: good luck with life! :)

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Noooooo it's really sad to see you go :( you were a great guy and I really do wish you the best of look in the future with what ever you decide to do! Cyaa

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I may have not known you at all, but from what I can see, is that you have been a large impact for the community in the MCGamer network, and if it is so the possibility that you could still be in the forums, I would love to read your future posts. And I have to admit, some posts you have made have been quite interesting, also, I wish you the best of luck in the trimesters! ;)

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Sad to see you leave, even though I didn't see you around that much after I quit SGC. You are right, none of the staff thinks that SGC is important anymore. I might start playing it again but the problems are still there. The bugs are still there, which could be fixed, but it doesn't get done. The matches also tend to be longer and kind of boring. Also, not only were the chests not very accurate in this, they weren't tiered properly like they were in MCSGv1, which ruins the nostalgia of being able to take all of my old routes back in the day. No one really good or well-known plays SGC, so I would basically be playing with a bunch of less experienced players. This, however, isn't really fixable. You can't force people to play it. You can, however, get people to join by making a game that doesn't have bugs and has more variety in maps/gameplay and more and is convenient for people's time slots (or at least more convenient for them).

And this leads to my suggestion for completely renovating SGC to make it more like the later versions of MCSGv1. This would mean 40-minute games at maximum, 3-man DM's like it is now, the old MSCGv1 chests and the later V1 maps. These include Survival Games 1-5, Breeze Island, Overgrown Arena, Solar Frost (the old version), Survival Kingdom, SG Ancient Japan, Yellowstone, Skyland's Survival, TSG1, TSG2, Insanity Cause, MCSG Ruins, Kharmunrah, and Fortress Pyke (I could be missing one or two, not sure).

Also, the v1 chests would have to be exact, as they were nowhere near that in the current SGC. This means none of those newer (not so newer) 1.4-and-later foods, such as carrots, golden carrots, baked potatoes, and more. No more of the 5 feathers and 5 arrows in chests; just 1 each. Fishing rods, cakes, maps, compasses, cooked fish, feathers, gold ingots, cookies (1), and clocks need to back in tier 2's (I have no idea why cooked fish and cake were even removed in the first place). Leather boots should NOT be in any chests,and cookies and melons shouldn't be in tier 1's. Wheat, string, rotten flesh, and bones should be in tier 1's as well.

That's all I have to say. Maybe if they would renovate SGC (or at least fix the major bugs), it would start to be a successful, played gamemode like it was for the first week or two of it being around. Good luck IRL, it's a cruel world out there sometimes. Hopefully you'll end up coming back soon, and hopefully MCSG will do something about this garbage. However, I doubt that anything will happen. Also, I really appreciate you saying that I was a good role model and was a reason you didn't leave earlier. It's nice knowing I've done something good for someone here in this community at least once.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci