• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Jodimo | The Past 6 Months

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
Six months ago today, I sat alone in a channel, unaware of the journey that I would venture on. Six months ago today, I spoke quickly, quietly, and nervously. Six months ago today, I became a staff member at MCGamer. Six months ago today, I started writing a new chapter in my life, and I had no perception to how long it would be.

I developed my first serious mod application in October of 2013. I was declined during the interview stage for the position that I currently hold on December 29, 2013. I waited 68 days. I was broken and I disappeared from the community, no desire to come back. That attitude did not last long, and I returned early on in February.

In March, things took a turn. I told some of my closest friends what, at the time, was my biggest secret. Word got around pretty quick about how a word defined who I am. I let the word define me, and I did not realize my worth at the time. People started to say gruesome things to me that sent me into a fit of depression. I did not know then that only those that accept me for who I am matter. I let their words define me. My whole issue back in March was that I allowed others to define who I was.

It was difficult to tune them out, to nullify the hurtful words and actions. The night I was about to give in to the pressure, I applied for moderator. I can honestly say that this community saved my life.

My real journey began in the waiting room with starwilly12 . One day, when I had gotten on to wait for my interview, she unmuted and started a casual conversation with me. I was a quiet person and it was probably very difficult for her to hear me, but we managed to become good friends during the three days that we waited together. We officially became waiting buddies. On March 30, we both had our interviews, mine ending around 30 minutes before hers.

We were both accepted, and so both of our adventures began. I did not speak to anyone much for the first month. I stuck mostly to those I knew, Star and AlmostBreezy (I will refer to him as Tyler). Our conversations were often quick, and I avoided spending much time on TeamSpeak. Moderating was not as enjoyable as I find it now as I was still in open water with real life issues. I remember, on my first day as moderator, I asked someone to vote for 4 (the map was Teweran Survival Games 2). In response, they told me that I was going to get demoted. I laugh back at this event now, but that was the first time that I realized that this rank meant so much to me.

I continued on my journey, meeting new people such as JacksonReaction and brad447 . I started allowing myself to go to other moderators for help, attempting to meet new people. I was socially awkward (I still am, but at least I can somewhat hold a conversation with new people). My voice shook when I dealt with TeamSpeak issues, and I was yet to be bold enough to speak over the crowds. This continued until I learned of others that faced similar issues (Love you Shelby!).

I met Nacho115 , DeeRose7 , and plenty of other new friends through my newly developed communication skills. I no longer felt compelled to stay quiet, to keep my opinions to myself. I wanted to be someone that others looked at as a good moderator, a good friend, and a good companion. In many cases, I realized that I had made mistakes that were irrevocable, but I tried my hardest to improve myself in any way that I could.

I met Equalitee (I will refer to him as Chris) just as I developed the confidence to moderate. I disliked Chris with no actual reason why. He seemed familiar, but I never allowed myself to dwell on it. I was told by other people that the feeling was mutual, that he did not like me either. One day, Chris and I were in a channel together, forced upon us by our friends. Our conversation ended up being three hours long and I gained a lifelong friend. We’ve had so many funny moments and fun times together, and I could never hold a grudge against him. (Yes, I developed a crush, but that is not important here).

Chris and I were attached at the elbow at that point. We ended up poking LadyOfLove and asking her to move us up to the channel with her after she assured us that Sr Moderators do not bite. Through that action, Shelby changed my whole moderating experience. I met so many more friends, so many people that I loved to talk to. Most importantly, I met so many people that could make me smile again. Instead of one, there was fifteen, and then from there, the number has grown exponentially. There are currently 146 reasons for me to smile, every staff member and two more.

I started to talk to _Accuity_ (David). He was hilarious and made me laugh with his all around happiness. After many conversations with both Chris and David, I learned that I had true friends that would do anything for me. I also learned that there was at least two people in this world that I would sacrifice everything for.

I met ChandelleMC There are so many moments in my moderator experience that she was a part of that made me smile. She's one of the only people that I go to for help, both staff wise and personal. On top of meeting Chandelle, I met more people that were similar to the friends that I already had. I had never been happier in my life, and moderating finally earned itself a meaning to me.

There are silly experiences that scared me beyond belief. Someone told KellieBreanne that I was terrified of her, which resulted in a scary situation for me. She trolled me with the help of Chandelle, and it helped me, in a way, to realize that these people are treating me as a friend. I gained a new friend in Kellie, and overcame that irrational fear.

Today, I have no regrets in regards to becoming staff. Today, I admit that I have made mistakes that are unforgivable. Today, I want to thank everyone for making my experience generally happy. Today, I would like to mention some extremely important people:

Chris: My best friend and other half. You usually say what I think, and I am thankful that I can relate so closely to you. You were the first best friend that I had as a staff member, and I hope that this friendship can continue.

Chandelle: Gurk, this is where it gets personal. You are amazing, and I want you to know that the amount of trust that I have for you surpasses that of anyone else. You honestly are of the best friends a boy could ask for.

Kyle: (cough kjh567 ) You are genuinely kind. You actually get upset when you hurt someone's feelings in the slightest. I want to thank you for being such a good friend to me in recent times, and I do not regret trusting you with the things I have told you.

Sammy (SammyMariee): You are my go to for rants and quick speaking. After our rants, I feel much better and we share laughs. You are an amazing listener and I flipping love you.

Sam: (Nacho115): You are the second friend that I made after I became moderator. Our jokes between us that others actually believe make me smile as I write this. I'm sorry for hurting you in anyway.

Dave (Dave): I trust you now more than I did at first. I was scared of how everything would turn out, but I have no regrets. I am glad that you are finally happy, and that makes me happy to see.

Kellie: You trolled me and scared the living daylights out of me. I'd actually like to thank you for all that you have done for me since I became a moderator and you are truly a great friend.

Star: Literally my longest mod friend. I love you and I appreciate you giving me an amazing first impression on my moderator experience.

Jackson: You are my only remaining friend from our original friend group. Please stop shaving your pimples ;).

Shelby: You were the one that helped me overcome my fear of speaking. I heard that you had had terrible anxiety when it came to dealing with speaking and issues that involved you needing to speak. I thank you for your beautiful inspirational speeches.

I would like to express how grateful I am for this community as I continue my adventure as a staff member at MCGamer.

Thank You All,

Joey | Jodimo

The_Man

Career
Reaction score
Chandelle: Gurk, this is where it gets personal. You are amazing, and I want you to know that the amount of trust that I have for you surpasses that of anyone else. You honestly are of the best friends a boy could ask for.
Sorry I had to laugh at that. haha
I enjoyed reading your story :)

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
Congratsssss

Thank you Joey,
for being one of the FEW moderators that have influenced me truly, you seriously are such a great person and moderator and you probably know this, and i'm sure you've influenced others including myself, but I just wanted to let you know, as your friend, and mod buddie, I appreciate all the work you've done for us, and most likely 6 more months to go!

Congrats on your big milestone! <3

StarWilly12

Diamond
Reaction score
You have made these 6 months the most amazing experience. You've always been there to answer the dumb questions I'm too afraid to ask. Joey I'm hoping together we can keep going through this experience cant wait until we hit a year. LOVE YOU

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Congratulations Joey! You are one of the great role models in which I look up to, and I can't imagine what would happen to the community if you were never here. Helping is like a 6th sense of yours, and I'm very thankful for having helping moderators like you(Btw thanks for helping me with parabolas xD). Great job, and here goes your road to 1 year! :)

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
Truly a great read, here's to another 6 months!

Enlighten

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Joey, stop you're going to make me cry. Congratulations on six months as a staff member boo!

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
This was a very VERY cool thing to read! Congratulations to 6 months! Half way from a year!

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
Thank you all for the supportive comments and responses! I love to think that the impact I've made, no matter how small, has positively affected at least one person.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci