• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

JustAHotDog - MCSG Story

You like?

• yes

Votes: 43 68.3%
  • ya

Votes: 34 54.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi guys my name is Justin (aka JustAHotDog) and this is my MCSG story. If you see any grammatical errors ignore them. Enjoy!

The story begins in the summer of 2012 (around June). I was at my house with my two friends, and we were playing Halo Reach. It was fun for a while, but we got bored of it quickly. One of my friends then suggested that we play a game called Minecraft. At the time, I had no clue what Minecraft was. My friend explained it to me in detail, but I found it quite boring. He suggested that I download it and try it out. I did, and because I didn't have an account, I played single-player. I learned the basics which included: crafting, surviving, the controls, etc. I actually hated using WASD controls (I found it uncomfortable) so I just switched to arrow keys (have been using them ever since). The next day, I told my friends how much I loved playing the game, even though I thought it was stupid. However, they seemed to be talking about something different. They were talking about the Minecraft Hunger Games (Not MCSG, just some random server). This hunger games was one of those ‘break blocks and use kits’ servers. There was one problem though... I still didn't have an account! So how does one come up with the name JustAHotDog? Well it's a long story (ask me later), but in the end I got the premium account. We then played on this hunger games server and found it extremely fun (we were terrible at the game xD). After a while, I got bored and tried to find a new server. I eventually found one, and it was called MCSG. So I got my friends to join and we played a game of MCSG to see if we liked it. We hated it, and we went back to the other server and had a blast there.

After a week or so, I started to play some more MCSG (idk why)… and I slowly started to like it. My friends however, still thought MCSG was bad, so I kind of left them to play this new survival games. I played like 10 games (never won any) and eventually learned about the forums. At this point in time, one of my friends (Aidan/ DinoSync ) decided to play MCSG with me. These games were so much fun! I eventually met my beta rivals. Their names were @DearFate and HyperMovie. DearFate really made me mad (I don’t remember why xP) while HyperMovie was good at the game (killed me a lot as well). He was also like rank #25 on the leaderboards or somewhere in that range. Eventually beta came to a close and SG3 was released. Everyone loved SG3 for like a week, and then it stopped getting voted. I, however, loved SG3. It was my favorite map, but I would always die because I was really bad at MCSG (like really really bad). I heard from a random in-game that there was an OP route on SG2 that had a lot of ‘super chests’ (what I called tier 2s back then). I asked the random who uploaded and he said it was a player called Blamph. I went on YouTube and I saw Blamph's 100 wins video (which featured his SG2 chest route). That actually helped me win a lot more games than I was winning before (also made me better at PVP). So ya, thanks Blamph (you’re still my mcsg idol <3). I also started looking at the leaderboards and saw that he was #1 in the US (or somewhere really high). After a while, he was de-throned by SixZoSeven. I only fought Six once back then and he completely owned me (still does).

So now it's August. On August 14th 2012 I logged on to TeamSpeak for the first time. This was also the same day that Breeze Island and Overgrown Arena were released. As soon as I logged on I saw zeejayy (Rivalize) and HarborSealPuP sitting in a channel together. I recognized the name zeejayy from the leaderboards and I was curious to see what he was like. Without a doubt, I joined their channel. It all went silent for a few seconds and then they both just started laughing (Idk why; I think they found my IGN funny). I had no microphone at the time, but I still managed to ask them what server they were in. I logged on, and saw Breeze Island for the first time. I asked them how they thought about the map and they said it was great, that it was the best map ever (I vividly remember them saying that). Later on in the night, zeejayy was telling Harbor to join a clan called the Blamphs. I didn’t know Blamph had a team. Kyle (zeejayy) put the link of the clan in chat. Harbor and I both applied. So after a few rounds of Breeze, some new people joined our TS channel. It was TheMegaRyan17 and his friend, Picklefrg123. Ryan saw my name and said, "Who is this dude" and Harbor said, "It's JustAHotDeeeg." Everyone found this hilarious and it became my nickname for a while (still is for some of my older friends). Anyway, these were some of my first friends on MCSG and they were really cool.

I talked to Zee and Harbor a lot more, and they introduced me to friends/fellow Blamphs including: SamDude09, tpemrickjr, Pherrera, Sasher, TheJustHellooo, xownagex, x3z8, ProShooterBF, ryry636, Eborec, pixel and the weirdest & funniest guy I have ever met- TheCocaColaGuy. These were the people I usually hung out with on TeamSpeak and played all sorts of MC minigames with. I eventually met a kid who had a lot of ‘spunk’ :)P) and was pretty funny. His name was Randard1200. Now me and Randard would just go ham sometimes and own some of the top PVPers at that time (and die a lot). Randard was also a really good friend to have and I'm glad I met him <3. After a while, my app for the Blamphs got set to pending/denied for the reason “not having donor”. It didn't really matter though because every time there was a clan battle against the Cyan Volts, I usually spectated, and sometimes get into games with them. These were my best time at MCSG, and I want to thank all of my early friends for making it awesome <3.

Eventually, the Blamphs disbanded and soon after, the Cyan Volts fell apart as well. After that, I joined the following clans: Infinitive (lead by zeejayy), Sixzo's clan (lead by sixzoseven), The Nobs (lead by zeejayy), The Nobs v2 (lead by zeejayy) , and finally Apex (lead by zeejayy, SixZoSeven, The_Great_Tito , and Soul). While playing with my friends, I noticed the quiet one in the group (other than me). He wasn't as loud as the others and seemed like a nice guy. His name was tpemrickjr. Now the first game I played with tpem was on SG1 and we were going to double team pherrera because we thought he was AFK.I guess he wasn’t, so I 1v1ed him and won. Then I 1v1ed tpem and he somehow beat me (he had like 7 wins at the time). After that we started playing more and more and eventually became good friends :). I also learned that tpem knew SixZoSeven in real life, so sometimes he would join and play with us as well. Tpem was also really good friends with ohheyitscarly, and she also played a lot of games with us too. I remember at one point Carly and I had the same wins, and it sort of was a competition. After a while, she became inactive so I passed her in wins. I haven't talked to her since :c (seen her ingame though). I also met SniperSnakez /maxiscool24. We played a lot of games together and he showed me some PVP tactics, like flint and steel. In October I made my first YouTube channel. I recorded some videos and got few comments/little views. One comment was from a guy named WalkerRed, and he really wanted to do a video with me. I kind of knew Walker from The Cyan Volts and stuff, so I added him on Skype and we played some rounds together. He also became a great friend of mine.

At the time, there was only one main US clan, The Rebels. I was thinking about applying, but Walker suggested that I should make a clan. I’m not sure if he was actually serious or not, but in the end I did create a clan. This clan was called The HotDogs. The clan started off slow, and did not seem to be going anywhere. I did get a few members from the start though. I think some of my first members were Drift, Sixorr (zackw27), and Lucidictive. I eventually got Lucidictive on Skype and we talked and he was pretty cool and eventually became an officer for the HotDogs. After a while we did get some members. Some of our most notable members were maxiscool24, Katz4Sale, Edog, Gamer101luke, AwesomnessFace, Torchy , HalfSquirrel, tyler773mc (<3), and the leader of the EU team UnknownPlayer1 (xBreakk). We then had a sort of ‘scrimmage’ with the Rebels. It was a 4v3. Our team consisted of Tpem, DinoSync, and myslef. The other team had Branbob83, omega_moon, @Undead99, and @JaysWing321. We beat them, with only one of our players dying. Like I said, it was a scrimmage and it wasn’t on the best of maps (Breeze Island) and they didn't have their leader (Zeno). In the end, my clan ended up closing due to the fact that teaming was now getting boring for me and there was some mild drama going around.

As soon as December hit I took a little break from Skype,TeamSpeak, and Minecraft. When I returned to MCSG, I was better than I was before (PVP wise). This was probably the peak of my PVP on MCSG. I won almost every game I was in and my friends said I used way too much flint n’ steel (flint n’ steel was used a lot less back then). Not that much happened during the months of January, February, and March. The only thing notable that happened was that when I logged back on to TeamSpeak (I was starting to use it more) it was filled with people I didn’t know. My old friends were also gone (they either quit or went to the hive).

Then April hit, and stuff started to change. The mod age limit was lowered to fourteen, and I was shocked because this meant I had a chance to get mod! I knew that sooner or later the mod age would be changed back to fifteen (and it eventually did) so I had to act fast. It took me three days to write, edit, and proofread my app, but in the end it got accepted! I was so happy! I then had my interview with kezzer1995 , Joshkey (as a senior builder), and slasherxtreme. In the end, my interview was accepted and I was given mod. Other people accepted that day were Linkdude1997, TheInforcerHD, and Denster91. I was thrilled and was ready to moderate the servers. I was assigned a mentor named K259864. To this day he is one of my greatest closest friends here on mcsg. He taught me the basics, and although I didn’t learn a lot, it still helped :3. After that, I started hanging out with the newbie mods (at the time). This included: Linkdude1997, TheInforcerHD , Tal_Pal, Logan1111 , SumBoDeee, Adragonfire9, CH21, pepsizPower, VeeZa, DPinky, BlueBeetleHD , Trinnn, etc. It was a pretty awesome. I grew really close to most of these people through the summer.

So considering this is a pretty long story I’m just going to wrap up some of the highlights I had from August 2013-December 2013 (present).

This includes:

· Tiering like five MCSG maps

· Meeting a lot of new moderators/people

· At one point, getting into the top three for the global leaderboards

· Getting into the Guinness World Records (Gaming Edition)

· Joining three clans: Illuminate (Run by Lovelights), The Blamphs (Run by Blamph), and currently in Sector Six (Run by Six).

So that’s it. I would also put a thank you letter, but I’ll just save that for another time ;). Obliviously I couldn’t say everything so if you weren’t tagged/included don’t feel bad. Anyways, thanks for reading (I give you props if you read the whole thing).

TL;DR – Just skim through it

-JustAHotDog
I Read the Whole in tire post. I liked your story it was interesting. Glad I recently met you your a cool guy with a log mcsg story XD Gl getting number 1 on the leaderboards :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci