• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff KitMencha's Late Resignation Letter

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
It's finally here. Sorry for the delay!

Hello everybody, my name is Nick! I recently (2 months ago resigned from the MCGamer staff team from my position of Sr. Mod. I'm going to have this resignation written as if I have just resigned.

I have now served the MCGamer Network 828 days of my life. That's 2 years, 3 months and 1 week since I was first hired as a moderator on September 28th, 2013. I joined the staff team as I really felt the need to help others, always have wanted to, always will.

I ended up working my butt off amongst loads of other great people such as Kas, Spectrum, Sean, Fletch, both Laurens and many, many more amazing people. Eventually I was offered a position as Trial Sr. Mod on July 13th 2014, just 10 months after I was hired. I was ecstatic and couldn't wait to get started. But that's when the unexpected became a reality. My grandma got news that her cancer was getting worse, so our family took an emergency trip back home to Australia to check in on her. I had to finish my trial in Australia, which wasn't easy at all. Nonetheless, I passed and my grandma is kicking cancer's ass!

So why did I resign? This year is my final year in high school until I go off for uni (college). I needed to step up my game at school and in order to do that, I needed to cut out one of the biggest things in my life, MCGamer. My whole life revolved around this place and it was getting out of hand. So I prioritised schooling and decided to make the big decision to resign in December. MCGamer was also taking up loads of my social life. I would skip hangouts, nights out and events in order to spend time on MCGamer. I was also getting out of shape and I needed to maintain my fitness in order to move forward with my active role in my schools track and field team.

Where am I now? Right now I still involve myself online, however more for the entertainment side of things rather than my 'job' I had. I currently still run Kithex which is going awesome. We have a new SG map coming very soon. Oh and we now pay our members ;). My grades have spiked and I'm getting As & Bs in comparison to the Ds & Es I was getting before. I have invested a lot more time into my social life, going out clubbing and arriving home at 5 in the morning haha. Not the best idea, but still loads of fun.

That's it from me everybody, I'll edit this thread with individual messages in due time.

Feel free to ask me anything!

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Best of luck to you in university, dude. I'm there now - it's definitely not easy but it's a heck of a lot of fun!

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
Wow most old staff members leaves...

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
Nick! Even though I still talk to you daily it's weird seeing you not staff but oh well, you're still pretty alright :p
I remember when you first got mod here and you were so excited haha :)

Lots of love <3

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I missed you two months ago, and still miss you now. Best of luck with the magical realm of IRL ;)

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I have invested a lot more time into my social life, going out clubbing and arriving home at 5 in the morning haha. Not the best idea, but still loads of fun.
do not smoke teh wacky tobaccy or u might od

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
Even though I talked to you 2 hours ago and I always do... Good luck? Haha!

MrMets

Experienced
Reaction score
Thank you for conducting my first interview last July! You are missed around here Nick. You are indeed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci