• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lag and other weird things

HiNRG69

Spectator
Reaction score
Now I am sure I am not the first to comment on the lag. But it is so immensely horrid it is killing my will to play. Even though I don't pay much to has some extra access I do find this starting to become a waste of money. It is so bad I can hardly play. The amount of damage taken from being pulled back (up to 50 ish blocks) almost kills you.

Now the other thing is I was playing with my friend Savage20 and on Teweran(?) and he was sitting in the middle on a boat (as there was water) and the game killed him. He was just sitting on the water not moving when all of a sudden he is dead and he was kicked from the server. :\

I really do not mean to sound ungrateful because we really enjoy the servers and we do understand how much work goes into keeping up these amazing servers, but this is ruining the fun. :(

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Thank god. A thread about lag that isn't written in Capitol letters and cusses everyone out >.<
Alright, I'll give you my official 'lag speech'.
A lot of lag is caused by MCSG's code and minecraft 1.5 not being 100% compatible, something MCSG can't necessarily fix, then there's possible DDoSing from butthurt baccas, or someone who enjoys ruining other people's fun, on top of the fact it's the weekend so twice as many players are online. This is all one big recipe for lag, and we'll just have to wait it out. I can assure you everything will be fixed shortly, and if not shortly, eventually. Think of it as a test of patience. A test you want to pass.

MrGozmit

Spectator
Reaction score
lag is horrific...
not just on weekends, even weekdays are bad :/
i used to really love the servers, but it just ruins the game when people appear out of nowhere and you're suddenly dead
so irritating, my points have gone down so much since and the gameplay is terrible on server
hope they sort it soon as i love playing SG :')

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
Lag, if everybody has it then everybody is equal. Learn to use it in your advantage.

MrGozmit

Spectator
Reaction score
can't use it to my advantage if it stops me from moving...
and sometimes kills and kicks me?
calm down donor thinking you're smart ;)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
can't use it to my advantage if it stops me from moving...
and sometimes kills and kicks me?
calm down donor thinking you're smart ;)
1. He was calm
2. Most of us don't try to be elitist. It didn't seem like it to me, and I don't try to act that way either.

It seems like you are getting a lot more lag than me. Are you sure that there is nothing on your end? While there is lag, it's not so bad for me and my computer isn't even that great.

MrGozmit

Spectator
Reaction score
1. He was calm
2. Most of us don't try to be elitist. It didn't seem like it to me, and I don't try to act that way either.

It seems like you are getting a lot more lag than me. Are you sure that there is nothing on your end? While there is lag, it's not so bad for me and my computer isn't even that great.
I never said he wasn't calm?
just saying that his point is invalid when lags bad and everyone is annoyed and it's hard to 'use it to your advantage' when every few second you get taken back 50 blocks. and i directed the comment to the other donor 'gamer101luke'
and the games that I get that bad lag from (where i can't move etc) everyone on the server was getting it, i don't get lag on anything else.. my computer and connection are of good quality and have high performance standards so i'm pretty sure it's nothing from my end. lag varies from game to game, i simply stated that it can be that bad where it kills people and kicks them..

all i wish is for the problem to be solved as it's a big inconvenience for everybody, i apreciate mcsg staff for what they're doing to try to fix it.
simmer down, have a nice day

Savage

Spectator
Reaction score
As HiNRG has said in her post, I was sat in a boat in the middle of some water and all of a sudden I was in spectator mode... I had full health prior to this... not a clue what happened!

As for the lag: there are indeed significant bouts of it. There are times when you're either stood directly next to someone and they just disappear entirely, or you are moving down a hill/ mountain and suddenly you're smashing your legs at the bottom!

I personally don't have the best Internet connection, but I'm fine on every other server/ other games of this type. My PC is still fairly powerful and isn't something I'd attribute the lag to.

I'll look at getting a video together to show what I mean - it just becomes very frustrating when you're wanting to play a game mode you really enjoy - enjoy enough to pay for on a monthly basis - only to have it not be everything it can (although I understand that 1.5 has brought about its problems).

MrGozmit

Spectator
Reaction score
As HiNRG has said in her post, I was sat in a boat in the middle of some water and all of a sudden I was in spectator mode... I had full health prior to this... not a clue what happened!

As for the lag: there are indeed significant bouts of it. There are times when you're either stood directly next to someone and they just disappear entirely, or you are moving down a hill/ mountain and suddenly you're smashing your legs at the bottom!

I personally don't have the best Internet connection, but I'm fine on every other server/ other games of this type. My PC is still fairly powerful and isn't something I'd attribute the lag to.

I'll look at getting a video together to show what I mean - it just becomes very frustrating when you're wanting to play a game mode you really enjoy - enjoy enough to pay for on a monthly basis - only to have it not be everything it can (although I understand that 1.5 has brought about its problems).
good idea dude :) goodluck with it :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I never said he wasn't calm?
just saying that his point is invalid when lags bad and everyone is annoyed and it's hard to 'use it to your advantage' when every few second you get taken back 50 blocks. and i directed the comment to the other donor 'gamer101luke'
and the games that I get that bad lag from (where i can't move etc) everyone on the server was getting it, i don't get lag on anything else.. my computer and connection are of good quality and have high performance standards so i'm pretty sure it's nothing from my end. lag varies from game to game, i simply stated that it can be that bad where it kills people and kicks them..

all i wish is for the problem to be solved as it's a big inconvenience for everybody, i apreciate mcsg staff for what they're doing to try to fix it.
simmer down, have a nice day
Well you did say calm down to him.
But I just don't get that much lag. I don't know why, my computer isn't even good...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci