• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Languages!

Do you speak/learn any second languages?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IveQuit

Tribute
Reaction score
I speak English, and Spanish fluently, but I would like to learn how to speak Chinese.

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
I have learned a bit of Korean (almost all of it I immediately forgot :p) and will be taking Spanish next year :)

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Personally, I can speak ok-ish mandarin chinese, I understand taiwanese and some cantonese chinese, but I want to learn as many languages as I can. (Of course I say that, probably won't happen. =P)
In my opinion, language is one of the most impressive things about humans, it's so cool to have a person per language and them be together in a house talking different things.

I was kind of spurred on by my aunt's dad, he usually speaks cantonese chinese, but to his relatives back in china, he spoke their dialect, Kejia, or Hakka. If you hear this, I don't know what you would think, but I know I was fascinated by the novel language.

Also, off topic, but did you know that a linguist in 1992 said that by 2100, 90% of the world's languages would've died out?

That's another reason why I want to learn language, in part, by being a part of many cultures with their own languages and such.

Laurey

Survivor
Reaction score
I speak fluent English (duh ;3), a little Spanish and French, I did 3 years of German but barely remember any of it, and I'm currently learning Danish! c:

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello MCGamer Community!

Today I thought I'd make a little post regarding second languages. Do you know, learn or WANT to learn a new language? I'd like to see everyone's response! Oh, and I learn Indonesian! :p
I speak the way of Google Translate!

No in all seriousness, I understand the Indian language of Kannada, and also Mandarin Chinese.

crits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I currently know English.

I'm learning Spanish and getting better with it as well, at school.

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
I am able to speak English, Russian and Hebrew. Began learning German and Norwegian, and planning to learn many more (Finnish, French, Spanish etc).

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
I speak English and French. I know a little bit of Vietnamese and I'm learning Mandarin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci