• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

leaderboards

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree on you with this so much.. People complained about how players weren't given a chance to reach the top 100.. and now:

exactly xD. ManiacNitro has 3k wins in about 1.5 years. Gravey4rd had like 5k in 3.5 years.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Um because I think no one gives a bunnies about those leaderboards, resetting the main is what majority care about
A lot of people lost their competitive drive after the first leaderboard reset, whether it was because their hard worked stats were no longer relevant and considered or because it signified an entire change in a generation of players, alienating an older generation of players who saw many of their friends lose their high spots et cetra.

Doing that again will simply create the same problem, but now we will have two generations of players (and older generation and a slightly less old generation) being alienated and likely we will lose lots of players from both generations, which in the current state of the server probably wouldn't be the best idea. The last thing we need is to separate generations of players on a network slowly seeing its playerbase slip out of its loose grasp.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If you ask me, the whole resetting the leaderboards all that time ago was the beginning of this "decline" of the playerbase. Because everyone who was on the leaderboards who was top 500 saw all their hard work for several years were for to nothing. And I would say 75%-80% saw no point in getting all of their wins back so that lost a couple hundred players.. Also majority of those players think the Legacy Leaderboards are a joke..
I couldn't agree more. It was around then that a lot of high ranked (or previously high ranked) players began to leave the server for good. Not only did the server lose a couple hundred players, but mixed into those couple hundred players were people who in one way or another had massive impacts on the community.

stefxnn

Quantum
Reaction score
yeah. i think that's a good idea. but not once at 6 months. I think annualy. That's my opinion.

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Noisyboy, it's seems as though you don't have a grasp on what the community wants! Nice idea however, people care too much for their stats... Everything was covered by Lively already, so I will say no more.

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
I liked the leaderboards reset as it happened when I got a new computer so I went from a 1/10 to a 1/5. However to the vast majority of the players, I think that they didn't agree with it too much. Obviously their many hours put into getting their stats had been washed away in a sense and it caused a lot of them to leave. Not only those guys left but imo quite a few people that looked up to those players left aswell. So it was a whole train of people leaving. In brief I wouldn't mind a leaderboards reset but so many people would dislike it.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
A lot of people lost their competitive drive after the first leaderboard reset, whether it was because their hard worked stats were no longer relevant and considered or because it signified an entire change in a generation of players, alienating an older generation of players who saw many of their friends lose their high spots et cetra.

Doing that again will simply create the same problem, but now we will have two generations of players (and older generation and a slightly less old generation) being alienated and likely we will lose lots of players from both generations, which in the current state of the server probably wouldn't be the best idea. The last thing we need is to separate generations of players on a network slowly seeing its playerbase slip out of its loose grasp.
I honestly feel like it became an issue because:

1. They never stated at the start that the leaderboards would be reset so people believed their stats would stay there for ever.

2. The higher ups seemed somewhat uncertain about the reset, so this decision was mainly based on what the community wanted at the time. Because of this players would be more inclined to dislike this change since it didn't seem like the higher ups had any plan with the reset.

All this adds up to the most useless and pointless stat reset I've seen in a video game. If they were going to reset stats, they should of had a plan with the reset, like making it an annual process. Instead we just got some random reset that kinda killed the game for the older players.

Tldr: if there was a plan behind the reset I can assure you that a whole lot less of players would have left.

geographies

Platinum
Reaction score
As resetting the stats might seem like a good idea, many people have worked hard to maintain a good ratio and current stats.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I tried to hard to tell staff this when they were considering it lol. It has nothing to do with my spot on the leaderboards, it had everything to do with what would happen afterwards.

We all knew that tryharding/over competetiveness would be at an all time high after the reset, heck, it was already getting kinda bad before the reset.

All mcgamer did was take all the long time members of the community, the ones dedicated to the server for all these years, and rewarded them with pretty much erasing their stats completely, unless you know how to find it in the puzzle of the current leaderboards. The reset brought the worst kind of people, who will do anything for a win, instead of playing for fun like the old leaderboards players did for so long.

I said it back then, every game that dies, can be traced back to 1 update that mark the start of it all, well, McGamer had 2.. the stats reset, and 1.8 ONLY update.

Server might not be 100% dead, but i'm convinced now it will never be anything like it used to be. With the lack of good staff member, the lack of leadership from Chad over the past year, and just the general HATE people have for McGamer now because all its done, even with all the good updates in the world, people are always still gonna hate on it, just because of the past.

PlazaG

Experienced
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea, however, if we do implement the fact that the leaderboards get reset every 6th month, all the leaderboards should be removed, cause there is no reason in having those.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci