• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Legacy Rank

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Vip is for Very Important People, players in the top 10 haven't contributed anything meaningful to the community. And friend rank was for retired mods who contributed to the server.
I've seen people get friend for other reasons, and I think someone who has played on the server that long and has got that far should be considered a friend of the server.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've seen people get friend for other reasons, and I think someone who has played on the server that long and has got that far should be considered a friend of the server.
This is, actually, one of the reasons the friend rank was removed. Mainly because there were no specific boundaries toward who received it and it was somewhat unorganized. Also, to be a "friend of staff" you must be on good terms with the administration, and a few of these top players have had a rocky history with staff, or most just have a neutral opinion.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
This is, actually, one of the reasons the friend rank was removed. Mainly because there were no specific boundaries toward who received it and it was somewhat unorganized. Also, to be a "friend of staff" you must be on good terms with the administration, and a few of these top players have had a rocky history with staff, or most just have a neutral opinion.
True, it would probably be better if those players get a Legacy rank, but I don't think giving them nothing is a good idea xD

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the ranking structure for our ranks prevents us from adding any more ranks frivolously. It's not a matter of, "Hey, just slap a new rank on the pile and it's done!" Minecraft's ranking system is a lot more screwy than that, and limits us in a lot of ways. If we were to add any other new rank, we'd need to redo the entire network to make sure the rank properly integrates and functions with the system (and debugging is a serious pain). I am honestly surprised that Quantum managed to work as well as it did; thankfully that was a Premium rank whose perks were primarily outside the game.

So from a development standpoint, it's not worth it for us to do, especially if there are opportunities for alternative options out there. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

MCOnThePCAndrew

Diamond
Reaction score
Well here's the thing. I'd say maybe about 3 or 4 (More or less) people in the top 100 don't play anymore. So that's not fair to #'s 101-105

JumpingBacon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Unfortunately the ranking structure for our ranks prevents us from adding any more ranks frivolously. It's not a matter of, "Hey, just slap a new rank on the pile and it's done!" Minecraft's ranking system is a lot more screwy than that, and limits us in a lot of ways. If we were to add any other new rank, we'd need to redo the entire network to make sure the rank properly integrates and functions with the system (and debugging is a serious pain). I am honestly surprised that Quantum managed to work as well as it did; thankfully that was a Premium rank whose perks were primarily outside the game.

So from a development standpoint, it's not worth it for us to do, especially if there are opportunities for alternative options out there. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Well in the stream chad considered doing it :/

1qw3er5t6y

Career
Reaction score
Get rid of diamond donor, and theres your rank. You could rename it, and call it the legacy rank for all players rank 159 and under.

Last edited:

Aldxelm

Diamond
Reaction score
i would say probs 1000 wins and up,but only because i have a 1000 wins xD

TeeArrr

Quantum
Reaction score
Get rid of diamond donor, and theres your rank. You could rename it, and call it the legacy rank for all players rank 159 and under.
And what do u think should happen to the Diamond Donators?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci