• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lets be honest

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
MCGamer, is Survival Games. I'm sure 99% of people come here for MCSG, and very few came for other gamemodes.

So... Why change it? Now, I'm not talking about the new Minigames. Those are great. The new hub is fine and yeah. What I think is putting most people off is this new server/portal business.

When you click the item in your compass menu, personally I think it would be better to directly be teleported to the signs. People still enjoy the hub - I know I do. Why confuse things when it doesn't need to be confusing? Sure you might say it's on separate servers to distribute the player load, we can still run them on separate servers, just teleport the players directly to the signs. Not very difficult.

About the signs too - Those need to be changed back (Or reverted to something of the sort). Having the small amount of signs now isn't great - When you have that many people and that many servers, you'll have a smaller amount of people able to get in games (What about those who lag??).

How about the best of the both worlds. Why not have those signs (the new ones, that is) front and center. Behind them, are all the Survival Games servers (Or whatever the gametype is) This will have those who just want to join a server - Click the signs front and center, then those who want to join Livegames (To spectate) can go behind.

Other then that, I really don't see any issues here. Other then the shortened pregame, I really don't see any issues.

I really like this update, and I think the devs have done a great job. Don't listen to those who hate, it will take time to settle in.

EDIT: Of course I don't know the ways the plugin runs and or the reasons behind some things being done some ways. There may be reasons for it, so excuse me if some things can't be changed :)

Last edited:

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
MCGamer, is Survival Games. I'm sure 99% of people come here for MCSG, and very few came for other gamemodes.

So... Why change it? Now, I'm not talking about the new Minigames. Those are great. The new hub is fine and yeah. What I think is putting most people off is this new server/portal business.

When you click the item in your compass menu, personally I think it would be better to directly be teleported to the signs. People still enjoy the hub - I know I do. Many people run around aimlessly, so why confuse things when it can be much easier? Sure, to distribute the player load, we can still run them on seperate servers, just teleport the players directly to the signs. Not very difficult.

About the signs too - Those need to be changed back (Or reverted to something of the sort). Having the small amount of signs now isn't great - When you have that many people and that many servers, you'll have a smaller amount of people able to get in games (What about those who lag??).

How about the best of the both worlds. Why not have those signs (the new ones, that is) front and center. Behind them, are all the Survival Games servers (Or whatever the gametype is) This will have those who just want to join a server - Click the signs front and center, then those who want to join Livegames (To spectate) can go behind.

Other then that, I really don't see any issues here. Other then the shortened pregame, I really don't see any issues. I'm the kind of guy who does stuff in lobby, so I use the 30 second pregame a lot. Gives me time to close what I'm doing and go back into Minecraft.

I really like this update, and I think the devs have done a great job. Don't listen to those who hate, it will take time to settle in.

EDIT: Of course I don't know the ways the plugin runs and or the reasons behind some things being done some ways. There may be reasons for it, so excuse me if some things can't be changed :)
Now this is how change is made :]

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
I really like those 2 ideas, every little detail would help some people enjoy the game a bit more and more. And maybe get some players to comeback or get more new players to join!

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
The only thing I can say is I believe that they were suppose to make it so that you would TP straight to the SG mini hub. Or at least that's what they told me after I complained about it on the preview network. I believe there was a bug with it today though, so they removed it. Presumably they will bring it back once they fix the bug.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score

When you click the item in your compass menu, personally I think it would be better to directly be teleported to the signs. People still enjoy the hub - I know I do. Why confuse things when it doesn't need to be confusing? Sure you might say it's on separate servers to distribute the player load, we can still run them on separate servers, just teleport the players directly to the signs. Not very difficult.

Other then that, I really don't see any issues here. Other then the shortened pregame, I really don't see any issues.

This would really make a big change:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci