• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lets Stop Hackers - For Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi there,
For the past few months I've been speaking with a number of developers on something that originally began as an idea. For more information, read this.

Essentially, rather than trying to stop hackers with plugins like NoCheatPlus which lead to a glitchy and less-than-optimal pvp experience, stop them at the root level. I'm not going to re-write everything here, so take a look at the link above on how it would be done. If you agree, please sign the petition. Together we can bring this to Mojang's attention and demand action on an issue that has plagued multiplayer servers since they were first launched in 2011.

Again, here's the link. https://www.change.org/p/mojang-ab-add-an-api-to-prevent-hacked-clients-from-joining-servers

Feel free to respond with your feelings/thoughts, ideas, constructive criticisms, etc in the comments below!
~ Ben/SpaghettiSquid

StaticReach

Experienced
Reaction score
It's an awesome idea altogether and it would bring forth an even happier time for all players if Mojang decided to add their own installations to prevent use of hack clients.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
I signed.

An API to prevent hack clients would be a huge step towards cleaning up hacks. Certainly, Mojang doesn't want hacks ruining their game?
My logic as well! I don't understand why they haven't done anything despite this problem going on for years! Like, sure mutton from sheep is cool, but what about the hackers! XD

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Petition can get signed, won't work though. Mojang can't prevent it, and they can't make it illegal, as well as stopping it in the code.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
Is this even possible?
Yup, it's been discussed before and I've spoken to a number of developers. :) Originally people thought Minecraft Realms was going to be the API I'm petitioning.

Petition can get signed, won't work though. Mojang can't prevent it, and they can't make it illegal, as well as stopping it in the code.
1st: It will work if there's enough support.
2nd: Mojang can prevent it (read the petition lol), and that doesn't involve "making it illegal". Using hacked clients is 100% legal and allowed, however servers will have the ability to limit the mods on a client allowed to join. (Such as just optifine)
3rd: They aren't 'stopping it in the code'. People are free to code whatever kinds of hacks they want. They are simply requiring modified clients (which are analyzed on launch via the launcher) that want to join multiplayer servers WITH mod whitelisting to provide the UUID's of the mod installed via the API. If the mod cannot supply, the client isn't allowed to join the server. If the mod responds with a UUID not allowed on the server, the client isn't allowed to join. It's relatively simple. :)

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yup, it's been discussed before and I've spoken to a number of developers. :) Originally people thought Minecraft Realms was going to be the API I'm petitioning.

2nd: Mojang can prevent it (read the petition lol), and that doesn't involve "making it illegal". Using hacked clients is 100% legal and allowed, however servers will have the ability to limit the mods on a client allowed to join. (Such as just optifine)
3rd: They aren't 'stopping it in the code'. People are free to code whatever kinds of hacks they want. They are simply requiring modified clients (which are analyzed on launch via the launcher) that want to join multiplayer servers WITH mod whitelisting to provide the UUID's of the mod installed via the API. If the mod cannot supply, the client isn't allowed to join the server. If the mod responds with a UUID not allowed on the server, the client isn't allowed to join. It's relatively simple. :)
I feel like this can be bypassed easily

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
if this is at all possible, then why not try it out? It can't really hurt anything now can it? It's not like what we are currently doing is working. Don't get me wrong, we have a tons of great staff members(and some not so great ones), but the more this community grows, the more hackers we have, the more hackers we have, the more mods we hire. We can't hire like 10000 mods lol. I mean we could, but its not really practical.

So why not try something new if we can.

I will say tho, you should probably explain exactly what API is. A lot of our younger players are probably sitting there like... ????

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score

still not gonna work. and no offense but I don't think you'll be getting 15,000 signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci