• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Let's take a second and breathe

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Before I start, it's 1am and I have a very very important test tomorrow so I'm going to make this as concise as possible.

A lot of things happened over this past week. ChadTheDJ made the announcement that AU is to be removed due to performance issues. This announcement cracked the dam holding back the flood of reaction. Just since this announcement has been made, there has been a wave of moderator resignations, the loss of 2-3 Sr. Mods, an admin (Chandelle), and our lead developer Ava. It is likely that there are more reactions to come to add to this flood.

What does this mean for the network? To many this may not have come as such a huge surprise, as for over a year our community has seen many members who have given up and thrown in the towel. The term "MCGamer is dying" has circulated the forums, the media, and the server for well over a year.

Here's something that is important for all to remember, a community is built on people. No matter what may happen, as long as we have each other, we have a community and in turn we have a network.

Things look pretty bad, and they may just get worse, but don't give up. We only die if we say we do, so at the very least let's make the best of what we have and be a community as we will forever be.

MCSG has shaped all of our lives individually and has helped us become the people we are today, so let's stay in the ring for a couple more rounds.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I just want to add that we've been through this kind of thing before. There was a time when several members of staff (26, to be exact), left on the same day. We got through it. I am confident that the community will band together and fight this the way that we should - with positivity. Posting threads stating "RIP AU/MCG 2k16" arent't going to help anything. For the sake of the community, we need to stick together - especially in a time as tough as this.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I just want to add that we've been through this kind of thing before. There was a time when several members of staff (26, to be exact), left on the same day. We got through it. I am confident that the community will band together and fight this the way that we should - with positivity. Posting threads stating "RIP AU/MCG 2k16" arent't going to help anything. For the sake of the community, we need to stick together - especially in a time as tough as this.
Yes no denying that his has happened before. The Ava resignation really concerns me though. Not sure if that void will be fillable. Very hard to replace someone like him. Additionally, more staff resignations are on the way. We have lost more influential people in the last few days than every before. Most concerning is that the owner has gone back into hiding, and has not taken leadership to help guide us through this.

ALL1DO1SW1N

District 13
Reaction score
Everything dies.. I'm not accepting it, but if Chad and the others don't want MCSG to "die" then I suggest they start working on things on the server and try to satisfy the people as best as possible.

Edit: I know my run here in the community is done but just a thought or two ---> Usually a new 'community' of players on the server comes every 1-2 years as well. For example most beta players from 2012 who played have quit and a new wave of players came then in 2013, then those players left and quit, etc. The cycle goes on. But there are few who remain on the forums to browse and to see something like this, and frankly there have been a sh**zillion threads on how the end of the server is near or something.

Last edited:

John

Platinum
Reaction score
For real, everything is happening one after another, alot of mods are signing, AU is getting dropped. Like holy chill for a second.

EarthAU

Survivor
Reaction score

Here's something that is important for all to remember, a community is built on people.
People that play on MCSG Austr- oh wait.

I guess those that were going to support Chad until the end are having second thoughts now?

Exous

Experienced
Reaction score
lol i bet all the people that resigned planned it to be today cause they want this place dead

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
lol i bet all the people that resigned planned it to be today cause they want this place dead
Yeah you are right. Makes total sense. Exactly what I was thinking.
no seriously, r00d

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
There's a lot of questions left unanswered and I don't blame any of the people who have resigned/are going to resign for doing so.. whether we like it or not, decisions were made that were completely unreasonable and we (AU) have been left to try and pick up the pieces on our own with no input from the person who made this decision in the first place.. a lot of us have been left with nothing to fall back on, it's really unfortunate but I see no future for majority of the AU staff who cannot connect to other regions.

Before the Sr's see this and think im flaming or hating, I'm really not.. its unfortunately the truth and people deserve to see how it really is for us.

Rip AU.

CarrotTop

Quantum
Reaction score
lmao its still dying xD

We just need to start facing the facts instead of denying it 24/7

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
There's a lot of questions left unanswered and I don't blame any of the people who have resigned/are going to resign for doing so.. whether we like it or not, decisions were made that were completely unreasonable and we (AU) have been left to try and pick up the pieces on our own with no input from the person who made this decision in the first place.. a lot of us have been left with nothing to fall back on, it's really unfortunate but I see no future for majority of the AU staff who cannot connect to other regions.

Before the Sr's see this and think im flaming or hating, I'm really not.. its unfortunately the truth and people deserve to see how it really is for us.

Rip AU.
If you are from AU I do not blame you for leaving at all. AT ALL. I am just trying to make sure that those who are left think through it first.

If I was from AU, I would be out too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci