• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Let's Talk - Minecraft 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPowerHD

Tribute
Reaction score
Ever since February 4th, 1.8 has turned PvP to garbage. Many people have been complaining about it, even I do. Minecraft 1.8 has been found to not support the feel for PvP. PvP doesn't feel the same anymore and something has to change.
What Are the Disadvantages for 1.8?:

Block-Hitting Screwed up
Equal Hits (Not really Noticeable)
Fishing Rod & Bow ZOOMed in (Hard to see)
Missing Pixels on Texture Packs
Hard to get Combos than it was on 1.7
And More!

Even though MCSG thinks it has some cool features and new blocks that 1.7 does not have, the PvP is what tore all other PvP Servers apart.

What are the PvP differences from 1.8 and 1.7?:

So, I've went ahead and tested them both on a 1v1 server so you can see the differences & advantages.

1.7 CLIP:

1.8 CLIP:

NOTE: Don't mock me about the quality, Sony Vegas renders it like 1080p60 but it comes out like Good on YouTube!

My Opinions:

My opinions and suggestions would be to:

-> 1. Switch back to 1.7 until the 1.9 Combat Update is released!
-> 2. Use both 1.7 and 1.8 so both options are used equally and everyone will be happy!

Personally, before 1.8 was released, the community was peaceful and the pvp was awesome and was just how it was. MCGamer, rethink twice about the decision you made that changed the ways of PvP.

X_Heat

Tribute
Reaction score
After spending most of my time on 1.8, it really isn't that bad..

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
Woo, another thread. Let's see how long it takes for this one to get locked, along with the 10 other threads made. Please, look at other forum posts similar to the situation! You're not the only one who thinks that MCG made a "horrible" choice switching to 1.8.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Challenge Accepted
When has PVP not changed and we don't enjoy it? It happened in pretty much every single update, but let's face it, the past is the past and we need to learn to adapt to the future, not try to bring back the old.

Actually try to get used to 1.8 PVP, did it really change that much? It just changed you're play style, it's not like they made it impossible to play, and you can't stay on one update forever. You have to move on.

Block Hitting "Screwed Up": Adapt, it still works, you just have to get good again. It's this idea of having to 'get good again' that I think many 1.8-haters are frightened about. They want to stay in their comfort zone, well, the best PVPers are ones that can adapt and so on and so forth.

"Hard to get combos than it was on 1.7": Practice man, you're just not used to the game. Try a different way of PVPing.

The other things like glitches textures and such, are easily fixed and only are a hiccup in the plan. Also, with this, you get a whole new world of 3-D Textures that you can play with to make your new 'best-for-pvp' resource pack.

Overall, it's not 1.8 that tore servers apart, it's the players that tore the servers apart. It's literally just another update we have to get used to, and going around suggesting that that's not good, isn't beneficial to anyone. We can't shut out change, that's what US, that's what everyone wants. They want a new way to do stuff because they are bored. When an update comes, they complain about how it changes, NOT RUINS, the game. That's something that should not need to be fought about.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry bro, but we simply cannot go back now. There are also a lot of advantages to using 1.8 that you haven't mentioned, including the leaderboards update, and the disguise plugin. It is also going to be a lot easier to make the switch from 1.8 to 1.9 then it would be to switch from 1.7 to 1.9.

Since we are not going to go back to 1.7, and there have been lots of other threads like this, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

Thread locked. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci