• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Linux for gaming. Yay or nay?

Linux for gaming

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So, I recently saw a build on the internet that fit my budget perfectly. Included in it is the Radeon HD 7950. When I saw that, I became really excited since, from my knowledge, the 7950 is a pretty good card. The only problem is, if I buy windows it will completely throw my budget out the window. So, should I get windows and settle for a 7850 graphics card, or should I get Linux with the 7950? Thanks for the help.

Games I'm looking to play: Minecraft, Battlefield 4, Sleeping Dogs, Elder Scrolls Online, and Far Cry 3.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
The most popular use for Linux is for server applications. For example, web hosting, game servers, etc. run much smoother on Linux because it doesn't have the bogged down bloatware that Windows has.
Usually graphics drivers on Linux are sub-par or just getting up there (as of recent) to the quality of the cards on Windows. I can't speak for Mac, because I've only seen a hackintosh in use (Mac on a PC) as of recent.

Linux is far from becoming a popular gaming platform, especially because there are so many distributions of it. No one knows how to (or wants to anyways) package it for the multiple distributions (because CentOS Linux uses RPMs, Debian-based Linux distributions use DEB files, etc.).

xSOULxRAGEx

Survivor
Reaction score
Windows gaming computers! :D Linux to me atleast isint ment for gaming

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci