• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lobby - Voting Using Signs

Voting Using Signs

• I like this idea and would rather vote by clicking a sign, not by typing!

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • I Don't like this idea, I would rather vote by typing.

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • I Dont like this idea because OzJake24 posted this

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

Alloy

Experienced
Reaction score
I... Don't.... like it. I'm sorry i think it should remain how it is.

OzJake24

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't think we'll be able to do this. Signs have a limit of 16 characters per line, and most map names are longer than 16 characters (some would take 2-3 or even more lines!).
Hello there, well you could put a shortcut name of the map in the sign, then if they want to know what it means, they can type /listallmaps [/lam] for example, eventually most people will know what the shortcut means :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello there, well you could put a shortcut name of the map in the sign, then if they want to know what it means, they can type /listallmaps [/lam] for example, eventually most people will know what the shortcut means :)
Close enough to what I said :p

w0wmonkey

Career
Reaction score
i dont like this idea. cause if i joining last 10sec and i want to vote, till ill get to the signs the time will run up :L

OzJake24

Tribute
Reaction score
i dont like this idea. cause if i joining last 10sec and i want to vote, till ill get to the signs the time will run up :L
The Signs will be right there as you spawn, obviously :) They wouldn't make it so you have to run to it :p

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sounded like a good idea at first, but now it just sounds like it would be annoying and pointless. Sorry, but this seems really unnecessary and I don't see how it would reduce spam levels.

OzJake24

Tribute
Reaction score
Sounded like a good idea at first, but now it just sounds like it would be annoying and pointless. Sorry, but this seems really unnecessary and I don't see how it would reduce spam levels.
If the typing voting system was stopped, you would not have to double send by getting your message shoved above the voting system.

[EXAMPLE]
[Me] Hey Guys
Map voting system
map 1
map 2
map 3
map 4
map 5
[Me Again] Hey Guys

See what i mean now? the first message disappears and gets pushed to the top, making people double-send what they said the first time, people want to be heard, and like to get their say out there. (Mostly Attention Seekers)

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If the typing voting system was stopped, you would not have to double send by getting your message shoved above the voting system.

[EXAMPLE]
[Me] Hey Guys
Map voting system
map 1
map 2
map 3
map 4
map 5
[Me Again] Hey Guys

See what i mean now? the first message disappears and gets pushed to the top, making people double-send what they said the first time, people want to be heard, and like to get their say out there. (Mostly Attention Seekers)
Fair enough.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score

[EXAMPLE]
[Me] Hey Guys
Map voting system
map 1
map 2
map 3
map 4
map 5
[Me Again] Hey Guys

I think you should be able to do both the command and click on the sign. It's a lot easier to do it in the chat sometimes, and I don't want to keep having to run to spawn just to check the votes. How about instead of the like 10 messages that come up when the votes are told, it just says the votes on each map and how many skips there are?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci