• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Looking for critique and suggestions c:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
First and foremost, no, this is not intended to serve as advertisement.
(But if you want to see more of this type of stuff, then I don't mind if you sub, js. :3)

The following is a purely cinematic creation, composed of a number of clips showcasing various scenery and structures from various Survival Games maps that can be seen on the MCGamer Network's Survival Games.
This was my most recent (third) creation of this type, and also my current favorite.

Next, my second cinematic/mini-montage. It's a compilation of various scenery from both Vanilla (Amplified) worlds, Survival Games maps/hubs/mini-hubs, as well as a few PvP clips. Not the most amazing clips, but still note-worthy.

Lastly, my first cinematic/mini-montage. I matched some of the clips (primarily the cinematics) to the song, such as when the singer mentions sky-diving, morning light, "last night", and I also added a nice little touch (IMO) in the Valleyside clip, where it decreases in brightness according to the (drum?) beats.

I'm primarily seeking out constructive criticism and suggestions.
(No hate, no flame, no dislike bots please and thanks xD)

The reason that I'm approaching the MCGamer community (particularly the forums) is because a lot of you guys (and gals!) know what you like, and don't like, particularly in edited videos like montages. Much of the active and participating community has seen a number of videos of this type, I would imagine, and know what does and does not work well with this sort of thing.

Specific points that I'm looking for advice on:
Timing (Synchronization with the music)

Pulsation (Yes or no: making the camera "jump" a tiny bit when there is a beat in the song, or a player is killed)

Transitions (Fade out/in? Cross-over?)

Cross-over length? 1 second? 15 frames? 10? 5? (I generally do 30 FPS, so 15 frames = 0.5 seconds)

Maps (Should I use Survival Games maps, vanilla worlds, or a combination of both?)

Montage V.S. Cinematic (Should I combine PvP clips with the cinematics like the three videos shown, or do them separately?)

Lyrics (Should I display some of the key lyrics in the video?)

Aaaaand other suggestions? Feel free to elaborate c:

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Timing
Personally I think you've nailed this already. The only improvement I suggest, of which you do a bit of already, is to put slower, less "active" shots with slower parts of the music, and visa versa for faster parts of the music.

Pulsation
Yes, and you have already done well in my opinion. Just be sure to do not overdo it, we've seen how tacky that can look.

Transitions
I think just go with what looks right. Fade in and outs can work well for most transitions, but no transition can also be effective. You seem to have an eye for what looks good, so trust your instincts.

Cross-over length?
What you're doing at the moment seems fine. Try slower cross-overs for dramatic effect.

Maps
Variety! You don't want to see the same map(s) throughout, so keep it fresh.

Montage V.S. Cinematic
Yes, but don't add so much cinematic shots to a montage that it looks like you didn't get enough kills and are trying to beef it up.

Lyrics
Not in my opinion.

But overall, these are very nice. Keep it up, and I hope these helped.

PS: You should upload in 60fps, it pretty

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Pls donut advertise this is why we have medya section

Thred lokt

Loljk

Reaction score
I think the timing, the quality of shaders and everything is great, but cinematics after 2 or 3 minutes start to get boring as they don't have something special or any action. I would just suggest that before every clip, you should showcase the map that it is on, so the viewer doesn't get bored. Idk, I'm not a rapper video creator

Pls donut advertise this is why we have medya section

Thred lokt

Loljk
omg can i pls hav a donut?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci