• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Looking to improve your Pokemon Battling skills?

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

So I wanted to make this thread because I got sick of destroying all of my friends that I battle in Pokemon. My solution is to train people who want to be better at battling Pokemon competitively.

Some of you may be thinking, "Pokemon is a rock-paper-scissors-game that takes no strategy" - smashmaster

Surprisingly enough, competitive Pokemon battling is incredibly intense and takes a lot of strategy and predictions. It is a skill that takes practice to master. If you search on YouTube "ThePikaWu", he has lots of great videos of battles he has had. He is basically the only reason I still play Pokemon.

For anyone who wants to get better at battling, feel free to add me on Skype (Mcsg.nate). I would be happy to teach you the basics and more advanced tactics

SOME IMPORTANT LINKS

http://www.smogon.com/ (Basically the center of all this)

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ (Free battling simulator)

-TheRealAussie

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

So I wanted to make this thread because I got sick of destroying all of my friends that I battle in Pokemon. My solution is to train people who want to be better at battling Pokemon competitively.

Some of you may be thinking, "Pokemon is a rock-paper-scissors-game that takes no strategy" - smashmaster

Surprisingly enough, competitive Pokemon battling is incredibly intense and takes a lot of strategy and predictions. It is a skill that takes practice to master. If you search on YouTube "ThePikaWu", he has lots of great videos of battles he has had. He is basically the only reason I still play Pokemon.

For anyone who wants to get better at battling, feel free to add me on Skype (Mcsg.nate). I would be happy to teach you the basics and more advanced tactics

SOME IMPORTANT LINKS

http://www.smogon.com/ (Basically the center of all this)

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ (Free battling simulator)

-TheRealAussie
Lel, you keep destroying me.. I'm currently making thr ultimate team mayne.

Reaction score
I've done everything you suggested. I still suck ;-; I've been trying since September.

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
Lel, you keep destroying me.. I'm currently making thr ultimate team mayne.
If by ultimate team you mean a team without a weakness, there's no such thing. Every team has some sort of competitive weakness ;)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I made a team called the U-Tang Clan. 6 shiny Beedrill, focus sashes on each. 3 of them have Stealth Rock, Poison Jab, Brick Break, and U-Turn. 3 have toxic spikes instead. Max speed and attack EVs. My strategy: Toxic Spikes (or stealth rock, depends on the opponent), then U-Turn until they all have 1 HP from focus sash, then sweep with poison jab and brick break.

Hey, it beat a team of 6 Diggersby...

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
I made a team called the U-Tang Clan. 6 shiny Beedrill, focus sashes on each. 3 of them have Stealth Rock, Poison Jab, Brick Break, and U-Turn. 3 have toxic spikes instead. Max speed and attack EVs. My strategy: Toxic Spikes (or stealth rock, depends on the opponent), then U-Turn until they all have 1 HP from focus sash, then sweep with poison jab and brick break.

wut

Reaction score

What surprises me is not the fact that you made a team of 6 Beedrill, but that you took.the time to get them all shiny. Unless this was on a battle simulator ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci