• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Lost In The Woods - CSG 1

XxM0lTen_LaVAxX

Survivor
Reaction score
I like nature based maps as well. If MCSG don't accept it or not like it you can always submit it on a minor hunger games server because judging by all the other maps... *Sniggers* Your map will easily be accepted.

CheckersDoesMC

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok, I've looked at the video and no, this just isin't up to MCSG standards. there is not custom terrain on trees, the only feature is corn. definitely take a look at some of the maps in the accepted maps section, and try to make yours a little more like them.

bentomkeke
Why would I want to make my map like things other people have already built? If I did it that way, there might as well only be 1 map. I still appreciate the feedback! <3

CheckersDoesMC

Spectator
Reaction score
I like nature based maps as well. If MCSG don't accept it or not like it you can always submit it on a minor hunger games server because judging by all the other maps... *Sniggers* Your map will easily be accepted.
It's people like you that drive me to do the work that I do! Much love, my friend.

ThePsychoSpyder

Quantum
Reaction score
The only structure in the map is the cornucopia. Everything else is just a forest, with little or no terraforming. Seems like the default world generator did all the work for you.

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
As Molten Lava previously stated, the map is made to be forest themed and not buildings everywhere, many people don't like this style, but I do, and if MCSG doesn't accept it, I can change it and poke it where it's needed, or I can just take my things and go. Have you seen SG1, SG2, or Fallen Empire?!!?!?? Those are all twice as big as my map, and they're in. Also Holiday Resort, and a couple others.
I want to say a few things here. First off maps like Sg1 SG2 and Fallen Empire are all underplayed maps, in fact i can't remember the last time I played one of those maps. As for Holiday Resort, i don't think it is 512 blocks but I could be wrong (it's not listed on the thread and Simey isn't on ts.) But they way Holiday resort works that makes it feel much smaller is how the terraforming keeps the action towards the middle by having a lot of water and mountainous terrain with little tier 2s around the edge. Large maps such as this, Sg1, SG2, Hungry Hills (no longer on the servers), and fallen empire don't really push gameplay towards a specific spot. This makes for long boring gameplay.
Next, your taking feed back the wrong way. Insulting SuperxAndrew after he tried to help you isn't the way to go. You have also been arguing with others giving you feed back. The point of making a map is to make a nice, and original experience to enhance the game for the community not for popularity and VIP. If people in the community don't like something about your map then you might want to change it, not argue with them. When you finish a map and put it on the forums you might get people who like it and some who don't. And that's ok. Not everyone likes SG4 or any of the other over played maps, but as a community there mostly well liked. So maybe take the communities ideas to help improve your map and get in on the servers. One more thing on this topic you said "As Molten Lava previously stated, the map is made to be forest themed and not buildings everywhere, many people don't like this style, but I do". If many people don't like the map or the style then it has a bad chance of getting accepted. Just because you personally like it does not mean that your map should take a place in the map update over another map that is liked more by the community.
Now, as to my personal opinion on the map, I agree with most of the community, I just don't like the idea of naturalistic maps. The terraforming might be nice and the terraforming might look cool but the gameplay usually tends to be bad. If you want a more nature themed map I think it still has a good shot but maybe you should start from scratch. Make some really cool terraforming and use voxel sniper to create some custom trees instead of the ugly default ones. Also make some interesting and detailed structures here and there so people have land marks and awesome buildings to incorporate into the gameplay.

Simey

Career
Reaction score
Holiday Resort is 500 blocks wide :)
I like the idea of your map, but it just doesn't fit in with the way MCSG rolls. Last thing you want to do is look for someone 'Lost in the woods' for a whole game! Keep open spaces for visibility and make PVP interesting (Oh, and don't forget a little water to keep things spicy!). Goodluck! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci