• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lost Islands Map

Porkjet

Spectator
Reaction score
This is a small Ocean map with lots of islands. Map radius is 250.
The spawn is a large wooden raft floating between the islands.
There will be boats around the spawn to make travel more convenient, everyone gets a boat!
I'm mostly done with the terraforming and started adding foliage to some of the islands.
There will be some small villages and lots of caves and dungeons, and at least one pirate ship :D
It's just me working on this right now, maybe i'll get some helpers for the building part.
Heres some screenshots:

Of course, a pirate ship will be in there

What do you think so far?

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I love it :3 But there is a lot of water on it .. :/

MaxtheSwain

Career
Reaction score
I love the corn looks great but as sneeze said a lot of water

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
Maybe have more placeable boats spawn in chests? They still break easily...

Llahud

Survivor
Reaction score
Only problems I see with this map, is way too much water. The amount of water in maps such as breeze drives me mentally insane. As soon as you get the upper hand on your opponent, they just jump into the water with their fishing rod. Extremely annoying.
Another issue, is that boats can be easily destroyed. If someone was to ignore the corn chests, he could destroy 5-6 boats in the time that it takes people to loot the centre chests!
I like it though:p!

Porkjet

Spectator
Reaction score
Thx for the comments guys!
And, Yes I was thinking of this water problem too. I think the boats will help, and technically, this has actually many times more landmass than breeze, while the glass dome is the same size. So the ocean in the middle seems big, but its not bigger than the vast ocean around breeze island.
Also, since the islands surround the map, and there is and will be a lot of cliffs and other obstacles, it should be easier to corner someone somewhere.

Personally, I don't bother much with people swimming away from me. If they can, then mostly I have failed to properly ambush them and kill them right away, so I rather look for the next opponent than swimming after them for 10 minutes.

I can see that it might be a problem in deathmatch tho. Best thing would be if it was possible to make the radius after which you get hit by lightning so small that you can't jump in the water in deathmatch at all. If not, I'll probably have to make it bigger or think of something else.

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
Is this land a vanilla map or is it worldpainted?

Ethan1126

Career
Reaction score
Looks Awesome Still Alot of water and Add A PIRATE SHIPP!

Teije

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The terraforming looks great, but it could use some structures like a ruined castle and a ship etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci