• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lucid Dreaming

Reaction score
Hello, friends! Today I want to talk about lucid dreaming, a sort of hobby of mine.
Lucid dreaming is when you are aware you are dreaming. You can then manipulate your dreams. You can travel the world (or a world), you can fly, you can do things I shouldn't mention on here, etc. The possibilities are endless.
I myself have been lucid dreaming off-and-on for a little more than a year now. I pretty much have a few weeks of really trying to lucid dreaming, and maybe a couple months of not doing much.

Here is a website I use for lucid dreaming tips, methods, stories, etc. The author constantly updates the website, and it has many guides.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/
And if you're interested, here is a list of guide for beginners
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/introduction-to-lucid-dreaming.html

If I'm not supposed to put external links on here, please tell me and I'll remove them as soon as possible. I don't want to be breaking any rules here.
The links are safe.

If you're not into stories, then the rest of this thread will probably bore you. Thanks for reading, though! :)

So, along with giving you folks the information about lucid dreaming, I want to tell you how it has affected me.
I started lucid dreaming because I used to be quite depressed. I had suicidal thoughts and pretty much hated life. It sucked, to say the least.
On some other forums, I read about lucid dreaming. I was immediately enthralled, and I looked it up in extensive detail. It gave me something to look forward to every day/night.
However, it was hard for me. It took me 4-5 months to get my first lucid dream. And that was only about 4 seconds long. I was in a clearing in a dark forest, and I looked at my hands. They were normal, but surrounded by a blue-yellow light. I got too excited and woke myself up.

But with that new excitement, knowing I could do it, I started progressing very quickly. I had an amazing lucid dream just a few weeks later.
I was in my old house, in my old room. I somehow just knew I was dreaming. I did some reality checks (things to make sure you're dreaming, s/a looking at your hands and breathing in through your nose with your nose plugged) and stabilized the dream. And someone knocked at my door. I told them to come in, and it was my mom. (I don't want to get too personal, but pretty much my mom had died 3 years prior to this dream. Just so you know the deep feelings I was experiencing).
I got up from my bed. She was in her traditional nightgown, and was smiling. I just ran up and hugged her. We both were crying, and she told me how much she missed me. I don't remember how long it lasted, but eventually I woke up.
It was one of the best experiences of my life.

Now my lucid dreams really just consist of me exploring the landscape without manipulating it. I find it cool to see where my dreams take me. A few nights ago, I was in a hotel, I walked out on the balcony, and I was in a medieval city! It was fascinating.

Thank you for reading this. :D

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've never tried because I feel like I'll get sleep paralysis and other crap XD

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Never been capable of doing this, but I've tried.
Is there a difference between this, and closing your eyes and imagining yourself a world?

Tinyoneo

Survivor
Reaction score
I have been wanting to try lucid dreaming for a few months now and I just got out of it too lazy. But now I really wanna try again!

Angryjukebox

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've wanted to do this for a while, but always forgot. Will be trying this soon!

J

Joel/MadDawg

I've never heard of this before but it sounds awesome! I think I'll start to try to do it soon.

Btw, I like how you say "welcome friend" to every new person on the survival server. It's something that seems really small and insignificant to some but to me it shows you as a caring, great member of the community :)

Reaction score
Never been capable of doing this, but I've tried.
Is there a difference between this, and closing your eyes and imagining yourself a world?
Unless you have a great imagination, I don't think you can feel, taste, hear, andsomeothersenseI'mforgettingapartfromseeing the things around you.

billyguy1

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Unless you have a great imagination, I don't think you can feel, taste, hear, andsomeothersenseI'mforgettingapartfromseeing the things around you.
you forgot smell :p but I know you can't smell in a dream.

Punchy_01

Experienced
Reaction score
I've actually done this and succeeded a year ago :) It's one of the coolest things you can do in your life! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci