• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mac Mouse Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
----- To all readers! This issue is mac specific only-------

Is this mac problem for Slice week? Sheesh..... 1 problem after another.

So I was just playing a game of MCSG, and I realized conveniently as I was about to attack someone that the left mouse button was not functioning. Pretty much, I'm using an Apple Magic Mouse, which has 1 button (Not 2, like a PC mouse), but you can change system preferences for the mouse so that by clicking the right side of the mouse, it acts as right click, thus enabling me to use bows, flint and steels, etc. in Minecraft.

When I went into combat, I could only block when I left-clicked with my sword. After, I changed my mouse batteries, no difference. Went into system preferences and looked around a bit, didn't find anything.

This issue occurred during a game of MCSG - prior to the game, everything was fine. This "only right click" issue only happens within Minecraft, not on any other program.

If you are experiencing the same issue, need more information, or have a solution, please leave a reply.

-SliceofBread123

MCSG_pro011

Diamond
Reaction score
I think you can press control click and it'll be a right click. Also another thing you can do is go to System Preferences and go to mouse. There should be an option to change what combination of keys you use for right click. If all else fails, then find another mouse to play minecraft with. -diamondhunter

F

FatPandasFTW

I have to use an Apple magic mouse aswell :( I don't enjoy using it at all. I just want a regular gaming pc.

TheKidz101

Diamond
Reaction score
Try restarting your computer as I have had this problem before. Honestly, Macs aren't great for gaming. You should save up for a pc. I suggest tower computers.

Redjosepie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Right, I get the same problem, but I have a way to fix it though, (It might get you killed if in combat)

It's pretty simple, all you do is go to Options - Controls then all you do is where it says use item, click it then use the right mouse AGAIN and it is the same with left mouse button.

I hope this sorts confusion, Redjosepie :)

EDIT: PM me any questions you have about this, I'll be glad to help!

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
I think you can press control click and it'll be a right click. Also another thing you can do is go to System Preferences and go to mouse. There should be an option to change what combination of keys you use for right click. If all else fails, then find another mouse to play minecraft with. -diamondhunter
I've just started using my old mouse, which is fine.

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
Try restarting your computer as I have had this problem before. Honestly, Macs aren't great for gaming. You should save up for a pc. I suggest tower computers.
Thanks for the suggestion, tried it and didn't do anything. My mac gets pretty good fps, the only reason I dislike it for gaming is because the selection of games is extremely limited compared to PCs.

Redjosepie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, tried it and didn't do anything. My mac gets pretty good fps, the only reason I dislike it for gaming is because the selection of games is extremely limited compared to PCs.
tried my solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci